IGNORED

V8 Convertible

240kconvertible

since you have that convertable.....you happen to have extra side windows or back windshield???? im in need of these items...alfadog knows i need them...hes been trying to locate some for me...hehe just taking a shot here...

Sorry mate not sure what happened to them, when I bought the car I was shown to a room full of car parts and told my wipers, seatbelts and all other parts of the car were in there somewhere. Needless to say I found nothing of it except 5 sets of nos brake pads. Those pads ended up in england by accident anyway.

Try windscreen O'brian they had a back window new for my 66 val and a new window for mates 64 Eh panelvan. I know the 240k is heaps rare but you never know.

Mikey lives in America, so that may be hard!! Now you can see how hard his task is... makes us feel like we've got it easy being in Australia! Nevertheless, I have already checked Windscreens O'Brien for glass for Mikey - they said they only had the windscreens. :(

Mikey, I've recently got a coupe parts car with all glass. You might get lucky! After I swap out the gearbox I'll be seeing if I can sell the car. If I can't, I'll be parting it out and you can have the glass.

Lachlan

thank you for your help....its so hard finding parts. please let me know if you part out the glass i may have to break the bank but atleast ill have glass...!!! all side glass is what im more concern about....rear glass i can make with scratch proof lexan that nascar uses. oh if you also have the center console forsale ill take that too,...ill email you pictures of progress of my car. thanks again for your help

mikey

• 3 years later...

thought id do 2 quickes sry for poor quality

and i used this pic originaly cos of the blower and your putting a v8 in it

got a ride in soopakar's c110 today and lets just say WOW.... cant wait to see ur finished project some time :> im getting a manual and power increase soon :>

post-15049-14150805608274_thumb.jpg

post-15049-14150805608587_thumb.jpg

mmmmmmmmmm manual and power upgrade. Nice, what are you doing to get the extra power?

I wanted to keep the 8 hidden underneath the bonnet but if i run a filter I need to cut a hole in the bonnet. So a hole it is. . . sadly.

I actually drove the vert (forward & backwards in the drive) for the first time today, It can light up both rears with little effort. Interesting that were on this particular thread as it was the 1st (of many) I posted about the vert, you can see how long ago it was when I was still starting to plan my attack on the restoration. Such a long time between drives.

im gaining 400cc :> LOL been over done and i wasnt going to but when u see a good deal take it i say :> i havent touched it yet but im thinking port+polish cams valves + balance also i have 2 sets of SU's and im thinking il go for my twin 2 inch ones :> *not looking for masive power as money is tight* and ive never done any of this so ill prob take ages to find out what the flip works best, went 4 a drive in a 280zx *same sort of engine as what im getting but efi* and its a definet power increase :> as far as the filter thing goes im doubtful that the hole is your only option and sad face if you do cut it...... make a custom one even, a mate of mine has done one or 2 at work

I've come to terms with putting a hole in the bonnet, it's not like it hasn't had the air hacksaw to other parts of the car. At the moment the 2bbl carby hits the bottom of the bonnet with the std 2 bbl manifold on. The std 2bbl one is quite thin compared to the aftermarket 4bbl manifold which is what i'll be adding shortly, so when the higher manifold is on it's either airfilter showing or bonnet scoop and I'd rather see the filter rocking from side to side than a bonnet scoop.