IGNORED

How fast will it really go?

cremmenga

Chris, I'm sorry to say that 150MPH no matter where you live is still VERY fast! And very illegal ANYWHERE in the states (2-3x the speed limit). I've not been that high in any car (over 100 yes) and do not recommend it on any public road. It's just plain stupid and irresponsible. Save that for the track where it's a controlled environment and the only person you are endangering is yourself.

I have been rear ended by a guy diing 120MPH and it's not a pleasant experience...I was told that by all rights I should have died in that accident!

Please do not get me wrong, I love speed and my Z...I'm working on a 3.1L stroker for mine. I also intend to keep the craziness on the track and not the public roads! Do I speed? Yes. How fast? 10-15MPH over the limit on the highway only...no more; and never do I speed in school zones or neighborhoods.

I know that you are still young, I was too. Think about this though, what if your child were killed by someone doing something stupid like going 150+ down a public road? Please be responsible.

The Fast and The Furious was ONLY a movie! ;)

Well dad!!! LOL No but anyway were I live there are litteraly straight aways of new pavement for 10-15 miles. and there is no vehicles that are ever on these roads and the nearest house isn't for 5 or 6 miles. Its hard to explain to you how little there is out here. If I do drive that fast (and I do and will) I make sure there is nobody behind me or in front of me for 7 or 8 miles. sometimes I even have my friends drive ahead a few miles spaced out and have them call me to let me know it is clear. I will go back home maybe next week and take some pics of what i mean!! you city guys can't imagine what I'm talking about. LOL you will probably come visit when you see what i mean!!!!

Chris, I'm sorry to say that 150MPH no matter where you live is still VERY fast! And very illegal ANYWHERE in the states (2-3x the speed limit). I've not been that high in any car (over 100 yes) and do not recommend it on any public road. It's just plain stupid and irresponsible. Save that for the track where it's a controlled environment and the only person you are endangering is yourself.

I have been rear ended by a guy diing 120MPH and it's not a pleasant experience...I was told that by all rights I should have died in that accident!

Please do not get me wrong, I love speed and my Z...I'm working on a 3.1L stroker for mine. I also intend to keep the craziness on the track and not the public roads! Do I speed? Yes. How fast? 10-15MPH over the limit on the highway only...no more; and never do I speed in school zones or neighborhoods.

I know that you are still young, I was too. Think about this though, what if your child were killed by someone doing something stupid like going 150+ down a public road? Please be responsible.

The Fast and The Furious was ONLY a movie! ;)

ROFL Oh and don't even say I am like the fags on fast and the furious!!! please I don't drive an ricer man!! come on!!!! ROFL

I bet you could get cremmenga's car to about 165 mph. if you did a bunch of extra work on it like get flat head pistons, shave your head, cold air intake, new exhaust, strut bars front and back, get a stage three turbo charger and that should do the trick. If your not afraid to go that fast but, you can get radar detectors that pick up cops radar and get a lot less chances of geting a ticket.

LOL funny part is 7 years later I was behind the radar gun :) I actually did stop a cobra mustang about 4 years ago on the turnpike that my coworker had clocked at 127 and we let him go lightly , so I know there are out there LOL , funny part I used to go 95-110 with not a thought in my 240z but after feeling what it drove like above those speeds I wasn't all that eager to try it again .

I have had the speedo reading 130 mph. I don't know how accurate the speedometers in the zcars are but it was not a fun ride. My tires and suspension were not what they should of been. I think the main factor in the top speed of a z will be the aerodynamics. I have read some where that at a 100mph the rear end is actually 100lbs lighter than when the car is sitting still. I would spend more time figuering out how to get some down force than how to get alot more power. At 130 mph my car was floating it was not fun and I lost the desire for top speed for a while.

I bet you could get cremmenga's car to about 165 mph. if you did a bunch of extra work on it like get flat head pistons, shave your head, cold air intake, new exhaust, strut bars front and back, get a stage three turbo charger and that should do the trick. If your not afraid to go that fast but, you can get radar detectors that pick up cops radar and get a lot less chances of geting a ticket.

DO you have any idea what you are even talking about? keep in mind it already has 400-500hp and the 8 point role cage should do the trick to stiffen the chassis. I have several fuzz busters and the one you are talking about is illiegal in almost every state!! BIG FINE!!!!!! and you have to remember if you get even a slight hit with your fuzz buster at 150mph there is no way you could get your car down to speed before you had you locked!!!!

What Cremmenga says is true. I mean, think about it for a moment. In the State of Nebraska, Memorial Stadium (where the Huskers play - Go Big Red!), becomes the third largest population center for the whole State when the Huskers have a home game. There are just over 1 million people in the whole State.

BTW, Cremmenga, good luck keeping the birds out of your grille... I used to have plenty of them in the grille of my '89 Ford Probe whenever I'd race up Hwy 2 towards Alliance, and I never went over 100 mph. Speaking of Alliance, anyone else ever been to Carhenge?

....get a stage three turbo charger...

I think someone's been playing too much Need for speed underground, or Gran Turismo. LOL

I've gotten mine to just short of 200km/h and the front end is definately lighter. The little bob wing on the rear probably helps with some downforce though.

Has anyone tried adding a belly pan under the front end to see how that changed the aerodynamics?