IGNORED

1978 280Z - Here are some pics of my Z without the front ugly bumper! opinions?

PrOxLaMuS©

I like it without. I have a knock-off Spook type front on mine. To me, the front of your car looks empty without something there. Maybe if you could find a front that applys to your needs (protecting that FMIC..) and maybe the style you are looking for, I'd say keep the bumper off. IMHA the front bumper looks like it belongs in the back.

post-4747-14150795848988_thumb.jpg

sorry I dont want to disencorriage u about it but dont u think that those bumpers that u fitted insted are very small?

try to find a thicker bumper that fills the openings around the old groovings, it would be gr8, try to check my cars bumper for an example.

best luck..

No, Tom, I don't think the law in my area requires me to have a bumper, like you. I live on an Air Force Base. As many times as I come through the gate, not one person has said anything about it. For now, I don't have a bumper, I am waiting until I can get the cash for the MSA Type-3 front, which if you were keeping up with what MSA has to offer, and my plans for my car, you will see that it has a bumper built in. I used my photo of the car as a reference to what type of front I have now. If you have a spare bumper you would like to loan me, then I would be happy to put it on to please you.

Aerodynamics.... LOL

Nice response Dragon! And i do have a front and back if you want them, but you have to come get them, I avoid driving back thru those gates after retireing from F.E. Warren about 11 years ago!!!!HHEEEHEHEH. But as far as the vote Im undicided (lololol).

post-7742-14150795854243_thumb.jpg

Leave it off, and get some sort of air dam. I have the MSA areo II on mine and it looks so much better. While your at it remove the rear one as well. Those bumpers weigh a lot. I think they are close to a hundred pounds each with the shock absorbers. Plus thier hideous.

"I think they are close to a hundred pounds each with the shock absorbers. Plus thier hideous."

I strongly disagree with that statement but to each his own. The 280Z bumpers look good in my opinion plus the protection they provide for the car is priceless. It's funny how some act like the 280Z doesn't handle as well as a 240 and doesn't have as much of a sports car feel as the 240Z does yet many try to make a 280Z look like a 240Z like fitting a 240 front end on for example. :rolleyes: