IGNORED

New Member - Hawaii

Just wanted to introduce myself, my situation, and ask a few questions. I purchased my '72 240z back in 1986. I used it as my daily driver until about 1990 when I got into trucks. I did not intend to "store" the 240z so it was just parked in my parents garage and I intended to use it every so often. For several reasons (school, work, marriage, child) it sat in that exact spot for the past 15 years. My son, aged 12, now wants to fix that "old car" up and I figure it would be a good father/son project for us before he gets into high school. Our goal is to rebuild/fix whatever needs to be in order to return the 240z to daily driver type of reliability. My son will then be using the car in high school. When he is through with high school and using the 240z as his daily driver, I may look into restoring it.

I've read through many many posts over the past few days and will begin by purchasing the book "How to Restore Your Datsun Z-Car." Are there any other outstanding Z forums to join (I am really impressed with this site) or books/magazines that are considered must haves in order to accomplish our goals? Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You've found one of the best sites to help with your Z project.

I grew up in Mililani Town on Oa'hu. Here's a photo of my '72 I took back in 1986.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6118&size=big&cat=500&page=2

I'll be visiting the folks back in Hawaii next week and can't wait to eat some local food again! :P

Aloha from Japan. I'm originally from Oahu and my brother lives in Hakalau. Lots of great information to be found here - just search before you ask because much of it has been discussed before. Other sources of information I use are: www.zcar.com, zhome.com and www.zcar creations.com. This is the BEST forum by far.

You've found one of the best sites to help with your Z project.

I grew up in Mililani Town on Oa'hu. Here's a photo of my '72 I took back in 1986.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6118&size=big&cat=500&page=2

I'll be visiting the folks back in Hawaii next week and can't wait to eat some local food again! :P

Hawaii roots run deep. Enjoy your trip and let me know if you get to the Big Island.

Aloha from Japan. I'm originally from Oahu and my brother lives in Hakalau. Lots of great information to be found here - just search before you ask because much of it has been discussed before. Other sources of information I use are: www.zcar.com, zhome.com and www.zcar creations.com. This is the BEST forum by far.

Wow, two others with connections to Hawaii. Thanks for the information. What part of Japan are you living in? I lived in Ryugasaki (Ibaragi-Ken) for two years.