IGNORED

A Theory - RHD HS30 Model Standard Exterior Rear View Mirror Fitment

240 in OZ

Hello Will

Interesting project. Ive been told that All-Z Parts here in Australia (New South Wales) has been working on a remake of the drivers side chrome door mirror as it is now NLA from Nissan. Ive heard he has made a few prototypes, of which have been sold and fitted to cars.

The "flag" appears a different metal on them Im told. If you are interested his email address is allzparts@aol.com , contacts name is Warren.

Had my thinking cap on; here are some part numbers as posted in another place by Ben Suckling.

Quote:

ASSY-BACK MIRROR DOOR OUTSIDE RH (FOR AUSTR) 96302-E8800

ASSY-BACK MIRROR DOOR OUTSIDE RH (EXC FRANCE) 96301-E4100

ASSY-BACK MIRROR DOOR OUTSIDE LH (EXC FRANCE) 96302-E4100

I've also got the part numbers for the 'optional' fender mirrors:

ASSY-BACK MIRROR OUT SIDE RH (BLACK) 96301-E4100

ASSY-BACK MIRROR OUT SIDE RH 96301-N3400

ASSY-BACK MIRROR OUT SIDE LH (BLACK) 96302-E4100

ASSY-BACK MIRROR OUT SIDE LH 96302-N3400

End Quote.

The optional fender mirrors as referred to above with the black description I am assuming are the Jap spec bullet type.

Joseph

I actually called Warren about the mirrors, and after an email exchange-he did not have any!

In your list there is no match for our mirror either!

I called several shops on your side of the pond with no luck, so I started carving...

The flag is made out of stainless steel.

Here is a picture of the parts.

I wonder if the mirrors would have different partnumbers there?

Will

post-4106-14150795810881_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Im not sure if this ad totally blows my theory out of the water. I borrowed it from an ebay auction held here in Australia last week. Although the ad was listed as appearing in a newspaper dated 1972, the car does appear to be an early body style, ie 240z rear pillar badge, it is RHD, and look at the mirror fitment.

Whether this is just a drawing or not Im not clear on, but it had to be drawn from something.

Regards

Joseph

post-3014-14150795854675_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

The rear view mirror posted by HLS30.com (part no.96301-E4600) looks exactly the same as one on the passenger side front fender of my mothers very original 1977 260Z 2 seater. This car also came with the metal rear sun louvre on outside of the rear hatch. The vehicle is original AUS import & I have never seen a late model AUS 260Z with a fender mounted mirror.

• 4 months later...

240 in OZ you have a PM. I used to own HS30-00016 here in New Zealand, I sold it and it moved to OZ that is all I know - but in your first post you talked about HS30-0016 in the UK, if you can fill in the blanks since I sold the car and how it got to the UK that would be great. Either that or there are 2 x HS30-00016 out there? I know there is a HLS30-00016 in the US.

EDIT - here is pic of my 77 (manufacture between 08-76 and 08-77) RS30-015xxx as it was imported in to NZ in 1978 (I believe as one of the many arm forces imports of the 70's) via .....I will come back on that one I will need to look up the old registration papers (new ones don't show what country they were imported from). In the last pic you can see the fender mirror of a 72 240z which I think might a NZ new car. These photos were taken at a concourse event in the mid to late 1980's and as you can see my car at the time was like new (photos from the perious owner before he killed the car on the track :( )

EDIT #2: The car was import from NAURU in April 1978 and it had 10,000km's on the clock.

post-7025-14150796597845_thumb.jpg

post-7025-14150796598069_thumb.jpg

post-7025-14150796598289_thumb.jpg

I wonder if the mirrors would have different part numbers there?

Will

Nissan changed a lot of the old part numbers when they computerized their parts system. When I go to the Parts Center in Yokohama, if the part number comes up invalid in the computer, the parts man goes to a cross reference book to look up the "new" number. But it still doesn't help if the part is NLA.

Not to muddy the waters, but Nissan made a lot of different mirrors. Here's a link to Ishida's Skyline page that shows the different mirrors for the GC10 series Skylines by year and model type. http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity/9047/mirror.html According to his imformation, my car has 2-door GT/GTX mirrors, even though my car is a 4 door.

as stupid as i feel for asking this...

any chance of getting a pair of the fender mirrors though nissan in australia?

mine is a 1/76 260z and its mirrors are different to those on a 240z and on that 260z 2+2, as far as i know and can tell they are original - only the base is chrome, the rest is black and there is only the one on the drivers side