IGNORED

Your First car.

Fun_in_my_z

My first car was a 91 honda prelude. I paid way to much for it. It only took 20k for the motor to throw a rod through the block. So I replace the motor and traded it in for a 2001 integra gsr. Loved that car, but could not work on it because it was a daily driver. Then my wife and I had a son, so we traded it in for a 02 nissan altima v6 automatic. I can't stand automatic. That is why I bought a project z car.

First car with my own money I bought in '86...a 260 with 148K on it. I put another 63K on it before the battey blew and ate a hole through the wheel well. Took two cross country trips in it, great summers in the Tetons and Glacier NP's, and terrifying trips to school after a couple of inches of snow each winter.

1965 Oldsmobile 98 - "the Golden Bomber"! Dad insisted on matching my $250 so he could have a stake in it and thus authority to yank the keys from me if I got stupid. Fortunately, that only happened once. Great car, that 400 purred like a kitten, used to have fun tuning the idle down so low you could watch the fan turn around and around with no blur. Brutal on gas during oil embargo days so I worked for nothing more than gas money. A late foggy night, two hippies on drugs, 8 high school jocks in a pickup and a weird story to tie them together put an untimely end to the trusted steed. BTW, I was the third party, not either of the previously mentioned. ;)

Yair Bill,

You're right there mate, I can't remember them all, ....... it's called short term memory loss, ..... comes with AGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

As Stated, the first was an old Vanguard. Through the passage of time there's been the Major, a few Volkswagens, some Holdens and Fords, the Centura, (I loved that car, SIGH), some Toyotas, a Mazda and a Datsun Stanza, which I gave to my son as a graduation present. (Not in that order).

Currently there's "Precious", the '74 260Z, ... the workhorse '89 Toyota Ute ... and "She Who Must Be Obeyed's" car, a '04 Ford Fairmont (but I'm the one who maintains and cleans it). ROFL

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

My first car was a 73' 240Z. My father bought it in 1976. He drove it untill my older brother turned 16. My brother drove it for 3 years till I turned 16, then it was mine.

It is real hard to get over the love of a 240Z when it is the car you learned how to drive with.

Since that 73' 240z I have had 3 others, All 240z'. I bought another 73' 240 from my aunt. It was brown with tan interior. This car was in mint condition. 10 out of 10, right off the show room floor quality.

I had it for about 4 months when a man ran a stop sign right in front of me and I hit him doing 65mph.

I used the insurance money and bought a very good condition orange 72'.

Over the years I sold the old 73' and then the 72'.

Since then I owned a Nissan Pathfinder, 2000 Maxima, great car by the way.

I have now bought a white 71' 240z I am in the process of restoring.

I think I will keep this one till I die.

Although, I know most people here look down on them, but I would really like to have a 250 GTO Kit car.

Mark

I bought myself a slightly used 1960 bug eyed Sprite when I was 16 and drove it through college. Many other cars during the course of my life including a Devin Type C screamer. I currently have a '59 Austin Healey 100-6, a '73 240z and an '86 300zx. I love them all. :love::love:

Bill

Back in 1996. Just got my license at age 17. Bought a 1985 Isuzu truck.

My dad did some carb work to it and welded up the rear bumper which was hanging on by a bunjee cord on one side. I threw a sound system in it and drove it for a year or so with no maintenance needed. (and no oil changes either!)

Bought it for $300 from a friend. Sold it for $1100 and put that money down on a $1400 1982 280ZX which I still own to this day. (8.5 yr) Been addicted to Z's ever since.

i got my license at 16 using my parents second car a 63 vauxhall( i think that's how it's spelt) it was a 4 speed zhit box but it beat walkin.a year later i got my own car in 71 for $700 , 1955 cadillac hearst. it had the biggest engine made at the time. purple crushed valvet bench seats front and back.the cops and mounties really liked it because the were always pulling use over and checking it out. ROFL kinda like cheek and chong is up in smoke.man, did we have alot of fun in that caddie.