IGNORED

240z finally registered!

trs

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Joseph didn't see your post until just then.

The year is 1972, and the car came with only one door mirror.

:)

car now has around 118kw@the wheels with a bit more fiddling.

pic with the front flares on.

Picture_022.sized.jpg

• 7 months later...

Quick update.

Since I last posted, car has undergone a few changes. I travel to america semi regularly and managed to haul back a bunch of goodies on my last visit:

* bilstein sport shocks- digressive valving front, linear on rear. Seems to absorb bumps much better than the tokicos illuminas but I didnt have suitable spring rates for them previously so it's a bit of a meaningless comparison.

*baffled oilpan - custom stewart wilkins.

* azc wilwoods 4 stud front, sigma 280mm rear disc conversion at rear. The wilwoods rub on the inside of the watanabes by the smallest of bees ****'s, but I am running spacers now so no worries.

* triple 45dcoe13 webers on a TWM manifold. Picked them up for a relatively good price but ended up rebuilding them and dyno tuning them for about double that! The induction noise is amazingly illegal... Surprisingly not much power gain over the SU's. Was making 118kw@wheels before, now it's at 120kw but with a much fatter torque and power curve. Power now comes on at 3000rpm and pulls through to redline.

I shall be taking the car to wakefield tomorrow AM for a bit of a shakedown run. Hopefully will make it back in one piece.

Some happy snaps* my driveway isn't the greatest place to take photos so apologies for the crappy angles.

DSC_0178.sized.jpg

DSC_0211.sized.jpg

DSC_0182.sized.jpg