IGNORED

'71 240Z For Sale

kmack

:cry:

Well it is with much regret that I'm looking at selling my car due to job-related issues. Here's the skinny:

Car was completely rebuilt. Started in '93, finished in June of 2002. Every nut, bolt and speck of paint removed. Battery tray, passenger floor, right-side firewall, and right-side hatch deck replaced. Car was placed on a frame machine and straightened. Paint is an acrylic-urethane in stock Nissan Red. Original #'s engine rebuilt and color matched to car. Interior has new seat apholstery and new carpet. New weatherstripping throughout. Also has 280ZX 6-spoke rims with semi-polished centers (not a mirror finish).

Car was Featured Z of the Month in May, 2004. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12935

Car has been on the track a few times in Autocross and PCA High-speed Events. Suspension is stock strut inserts (replaced with new) on MotorSport Auto springs (blue). Front control arm camber bushings installed. Urethane sway arm bushings front & rear. I have a 1" front sway bar that is not installed, but will go with the car. Please keep in mind, this is not a trailer queen, car-show only car (although she has a few 2nd place finishes in Nissan Street Modified classes). This car has been raced. There are chips in the paint. Exterior and interior were left to look stock.

Car has also been injected with structural foam form Fomo Products. www.fomo.com

This was professionally done by a factory rep. to increase sound deadening and structural rigidity. Lower rockers, rear quarters, and roof section above the qtr windows. Car sounds like it has the interior installed, even though it does not. Very quiet. As for the structural aspect, at my last autoX, it felt like a completely different car. Very noticeable.

Pictures can be seen at: http://www.geocities.com/vintagericeracing/my_car.html

Price is negotiable starting at $4500. I hate to do this. But sometimes, you just have to let go...

Also, I have a '76 L28 and a T5 transmission (280ZX) for sale. L28 runs but was going to be rebuilt. I have a new gasket set along with brand new flat-top pistons. L28 and T5 (package deal), $750 obo.

WOW Kmack, That seems like a very good price for what detailed work you have put into the car.

I have a 71' 240 that I am about half way through all the stuff you went through.

I may consider putting my 71' on the back burner.

Can you email me some detailed pictures of your car? Please include interior and engine pics.

I live in Georgia, but would be willing to travel to inspect and buy on the spot.

my email is: thedixons@alltel.net

Thanks,

Mark

Kmack,

I was finally able to open your gallery. Saw the pics. Great looking car.

I would still like to speak with you about your car.

Texas is a long way to come to inspect a car, unless I feel comfortable I will buy it when I get there.

Please, Email me with any new pics you have or any more info you may have for me, and I will reply with my phone number.

Thanks again,

Mark

Kmack,

I was finally able to open your gallery. Saw the pics. Great looking car.

I would still like to speak with you about your car.

Texas is a long way to come to inspect a car, unless I feel comfortable I will buy it when I get there.

Please, Email me with any new pics you have or any more info you may have for me, and I will reply with my phone number.

Thanks again,

Mark

As I need to reinstall the interior (removed for foam injection), I cannot send any pictures of the interior as of yet. I will try to get the interior put back in by this weekend. Then I'll see about posting some more pictures.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier, the brake booster has a vacuum leak in it. Car still brakes fine, but it requires just a little more effort than normal. I have a replacement booster for it, but have not installed (never enough time). I can install it if someone so desires.

Kmack,

I am very interested in your car. I will be leaving for Jamaica this weekend, and will be there til the 20th of July. I know poor me.

I left my personal email previously. Feel free to contact me via that email, and when I get back into town we can discuss this further.

Unless of course you have sold the car before then.

Thanks,

Mark

Well, it seems a few rays of sunshine have fallen through to my recently miserable week of late. Between losing my job (2nd time in six months), blowing tires on my truck I don't have money for, the thought of selling my car, and food poisoning on the 4th, I finally have a bit of good news.

After some hard soul-searching, long discussions with the wife, my daughter crying over the thought of it all, and a little financial wizardry, I have decided to keep my Z after all. Not much will get done in the next few months while we get some issues straightened out, but at least it will be staying at home. My apologies to those that were seriously interested. (You all made me feel like I was not asking enough.)

I do appreciate all the kind words and thoughts.

Kmack,

It gets darkest before the dawn-I would say you have survived past midnight!

Keeping the Z clinches it-you are in a better frame of mind-the body will follow!

I look at the effort and detail you put into my rotisserie, and I know anyone who does that kind of work will come oout on top!

Will

Ken, I'm so glad to hear that you are keeping the Z!!!! Just put her a side for a bit while you get other things worked out and then when the time is right pull her our, dust her off and enjoy her some more. :D

Things have been tight here also and mine has not even been started since December...nor will she run properly until I get a new/rebuilt engine and carbs put in. So in my garage she sits until I can pull together the money for the work. But I know she will be sitting there waiting when the time is right.