IGNORED

How Close Are Our VIN #'s

Zrush

OK, Here's mine:

HLS30072119 Born 3/72 Original engine was L24-091201. I just realised the replaced engine is L26-023971...I've had this car over 3 years, replaced head gasket, timing chain etc etc and now realized its an L26....go figure! :stupid:

I was looking throught some old parts and stuff trying to find a fuel pump check valve for wm_e_smith and I came across this. The number in the lower right corner is most likely the VIN for the 70 240Z I once owned about 35 years ago! Wouldn't that be a 69 build date? If I only knew then what I know now.

EDIT: I just look at the list on Carl's site and that number is amongst the ones that haven't been found.

post-3797-14150796294333_thumb.jpg

9/70 HLS30-10031 with the origional white paint and 135k on the origional motor.

Interesting...mine is a 10/70 build date with VIN 8215. I know that these situations have been discussed before...they are still interesting when we find them though.

I was looking throught some old parts and stuff trying to find a fuel pump check valve for wm_e_smith and I came across this. The number in the lower right corner is most likely the VIN for the 70 240Z I once owned about 35 years ago! Wouldn't that be a 69 build date? If I only knew then what I know now.

EDIT: I just look at the list on Carl's site and that number is amongst the ones that haven't been found.

Yes, that would be a '69 production date car.

I use to send Carl VIN's that I found anywhere I saw a 240Z, even in junkyards. This way we get an idea where the cars are. It would be interesting to see where these Z's have migrated to. For instance my Z was purchased in Arizona and is now in Virginia.