IGNORED

So what does your Z sound like!?

Ron Carter

Hey, can everyone that's posted a vid/sound give us a quick run down on engine and exhaust specs. I think it'll be quite interesting to see how the difference in sound relates to the different setups.

Motor: Rebello Racing built 'true' 3.0L stroker (hair over 3.0L) F54 block

Head: 'Street' porting(not sure on the numbers there) may have to call

Rebello, Compression 9.8:1

Cam: Cam is 495 lift with 285(?) duration.

Intake: Bored SU carbs (50mm) intake manifold also bored.

Exhaust: Header(3 into 2) 2 1/2 inch exhaust into Forza high flow muffler(straight through design)

with a very bad misfiring problem beyond 5000 rpms (faulty ignition) still put down 200 RWHP. Have yet to dyno it since I fixed it. The audio of my car is of course after I fixed it hehe.... engine is at full song now.

Thanks guys. I have the whole autox run from inside and outside. Maybe I'll post the whole 14 meg file since there doesn't appear to be a size limit here and it isn't on the other server it was on anymore.

Dreco, yours just sounds ANGRY. Very nice. Is it really that raspy inside the car, or did you have the microphone right over the exhaust pipe while you did those runs?

My specs at the time:

L28 dished pistons/E31 with 280Z valves (whopping 8.5:1)

.490/280 cam

44mm Mikunis were installed about a week earlier, not even close to tuned

MSA crap header

2.5" mandrel exhaust

$25 Super Turbo

EDIT--tried to upload the whole 14 meg file, didn't work for some reason. You saw the best part anyway ;-)

Thanks guys. I have the whole autox run from inside and outside. Maybe I'll post the whole 14 meg file since there doesn't appear to be a size limit here and it isn't on the other server it was on anymore.

Dreco, yours just sounds ANGRY. Very nice. Is it really that raspy inside the car, or did you have the microphone right over the exhaust pipe while you did those runs?

QUOTE]

I had the microphone just outside my hatch.... HEHE. but it does sound that mean...everyone keeps looking for 2 more cylinders when it's at idle

Triple 44 Mikunis, L24, 12.5:1 compression with Venolia pistons and a lightened aluminum flywheel, E31 head modified by Slover, Iski Cam. Custom built BRE Race Header 6 into 2. Straight 2.5" dual exhaust (no mufflers, no crossover pipe) to two bright yellow megaphone exhaust tips.