IGNORED

Who makes this mirror?

TomoHawk

The picture was working before.

Like I said, you can see the mirror I have, and below is what the mounting plate looks like. Underneath the mounting plate are the two small holes for the two screwsin the pictures, plus a bigger hole, about 20mm dia., which I assume was for an oem mirror.

post-2169-14150795377632_thumb.jpg

If you nbow "right-click" on the "thumbnail" in the first post and select "Properties", you'll see that it is only "bytes" in size and is basically just the outline with no image. Somehow the image is gone, anyway

If the housing to that mirror is plastic, then it most likely IS the one sold by MSA. Yes, the larger hole in the door would have been for the OEM mirror.

I have those mirrors on my 72 (no doubt from the P.O.) but I don't like mine at all. They vibrate and don't stay adjusted, so I have a couple sets of the old school metal housed aftermarket mirrors with the adjustable glass within the housings that I collected on eBay. I rebuilt them, and they are just waiting to get installed when I get around to bodywork.

Thanks for the information.

My next move was going to be to ask what kind of mirrors would be appropriate for the 280Z. AFAIK, there are chrome ones on a short verticle arm, chrome bullets, (Talbots), black (or painted) plastic aero-bullets, euro-styles, and others.

The motorcycle mirror I noticed was appealing because of the long stalk that puts the mirror farther out to the side, allowing you to see behind the car (closer to the bumper) better. The center mirror is there, but all three mirrors help to eliminate blind spots as much as possible, so you don't have to go climbing around to look out the windows and spend more time looking forward.

I lean toward the Testarossa styled one.

thx

Those are the mirrors I have on my 280. I think I bought them at Pep Boys. They were only about 20 a pair. The large hole you mention is for the OEM mirror. I actually would like to have OEM mirrors on both sides, but I don't think Nissan ever made one for the right side.

I actually would like to have OEM mirrors on both sides, but I don't think Nissan ever made one for the right side.

Ah, but Stephan....they did make them for the right side...for Japan, Australia, England, The Bahamas...ROFL