IGNORED

The $3500 GT

texasz

Here's a highly compressed grayscale version for you dialup users that just want a quick peek. Acrobat does some goofy things in the conversion, but you get the idea.

Mr. Camo, I got an error when trying to view yours, that's why I made this version.

An interesting article. The Datsun certainly seemed to come out on top. I remember test driving the Fiat 124 when I was 18. I was impressed with the dual overhead cam, disk brakes all around and 5-speed. I tried to talk my mother into buying one, but she made a more practicle choice of a Toyota Corolla 1600. That was a fun car too. I learned to drift in that car (though I think we called it something different then - trailing throttle oversteer). Still you don't see that many '71 Corollas on the road anymore, and I think no Fiats of that age. You can still pick up a running Z for $3,500, though. I guess time sorts out the true winners from the loosers.

I will work on it this weekend and get the size down and also see what the deal is with the 'damaged file' error.

Sorry guys, I was in a hurry the other night and was not paying much attention to the details of the file size... :stupid:

• 1 month later...

Yeah those Brooklands book series were great, I thought the 70-83 was out of print. There are some other ones, like R and T on datsun sports cars 66 to 83.

The others are reprints from R and T and lots of other car mags.

Titles include 280Z and ZX, 240-Z and 260-Z (for sure the best one!).

I had a 71 corolla too, Good car, but definitely not a real sports car like that Fiat.

Apologies to the owner of the Opel, but those cars were the butt of many jokes. Certainly not up to the level of a Z or the Fiat, in terms of sportiness.