IGNORED

My 71' 240z project ... =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Mull

I discover your video recently, what amazing works!!!!

I start a restauration project to built an Historic 240Z racing car, as i am mechanic teacher, i will do the project with my students and was help by a friend which is bodywork teacher

i will show him those video, i think it will be very interested by them and me probably show them to our student!!!

A question: I notice you speak about powdercoating, anyone could explain me what is it exactly because we didn't know that in France, and how it is spray, what is the advantage?

Thank you

Ben

From what I understand. Powder coating is this.

The item you want to powdercoat is celaned off to bare metal, then heated to a hot temperature.

Then the coating which is some sort of plastic powder is applied and melts on to the surface to form a paint like coating.

Thats about all i know on the subject, so maybe some powdercoaters could chime in.

Question: If you are using lead soldering (excellent videos BTW), can you use the lead as a bonding agent as well? For example, I have a dent in nearly the exact corner as you've repaired in the photo (driverside rear). If I found a piece of panel, could I use the lead to "weld" in the piece instead of actually welding it then leading it? It looked as if that was what you did with the gas filler lid, or am I mistaken?

Question: If you are using lead soldering (excellent videos BTW), can you use the lead as a bonding agent as well? For example, I have a dent in nearly the exact corner as you've repaired in the photo (driverside rear). If I found a piece of panel, could I use the lead to "weld" in the piece instead of actually welding it then leading it? It looked as if that was what you did with the gas filler lid, or am I mistaken?

He welded the gas lid, only used lead to smooth the area over.

Lead is very soft by metal standards and would have hardly any strength to hold parts together. Epoxy would probably be stronger than lead, but getting it welded is the best thing to do.

First off, thanks for all the positive feedback - all of you! : )

Mull, how's the carbon dash and center console going along?

The dash is currently on hold - chassis is still number one priority. The center

console will get it's modifications once I have the dash. Right now pretty much

everything is put on hold I'm sorry to say. People helping me are busy, etc.

At the end of july/middle of august the car will get its rear custom flares and

it'll also be shipped off to have a custom 12 (or more) point roll cage fitted.

All in due time ... :classic: