IGNORED

My 71' 240z project ... =)

Dude, I'd pay you to help work on that project! It looks like so much fun.

When you have a welder in hand and a load of sheetmetal, you feel like nothing can go wrong, haha!

Looks like a lot of work though. I sure hope you've got the stamina to keep up the work till the end. Maybe some loud music and some energy drinks would do the trick too!

Are you putting an RB26 engine in it?

Umm.... Yeah, that's why I posted a picture of my

N1-RB26 engine block a couple of posts earlier... :rolleyes:

Dude, I'd pay you to help work on that project! It looks like so much fun.

When you have a welder in hand and a load of sheetmetal, you feel like nothing can go wrong, haha!

Looks like a lot of work though. I sure hope you've got the stamina to keep up the work till the end. Maybe some loud music and some energy drinks would do the trick too!

Haha, thanks... ;)

I've got the stamina, I'm just sooooooo slow from time to time.

Cheers!

I guess my mom must've dropped me one time too many or something... ; )

Or it might have something to do with the fact that we get all four seasons

here. Winter usually gets people working on their gems... =)

No worries on asking about my job, Alfadog.

I work for a publishing house named FABAS, mainly for a magazine called

"Bilsport" - main occupation during the summer is to film the events that

they host - which last year added up to 9 events.

After the season's done with - I edit it into a DVD, which they sell. Since the

release I've been writing a couple of articles, and taking pics, for "Bilsport",

the kids version: "Bilsport Junior" and another magazine called "Fyndbörsen"

(Fynd = bargain/find + börs = [stock] exchange). The publishing house sports

close to 20 car/truck/4x4/etc magazines.

I basicly bum around - take a few pics here and there. Shoot some video and

write a little text every now and then. This weekend me and some photographers

and a testdriver are going out testing a couple of cars on some frozen lake :)

It's a dirty job, but hey! Someone's gotta do it :P

bilsport.jpgfyndboersen.jpgbilsport-junior.jpg

Edit: Here I am, at the quarter mile, working my a$$ off : )

karels6ex.jpg

Lucky.

Went through vids 1-12, wow, I am humbled. I really had a lot of fun watching them, and I saved them all for future fun! :) Can't wait for the next batch of Z car motion picture excitement! Makes me want to go start my own project...

BTW, great choice of music. I own some of the stuff you used as well, hehe.

Keep us updated, looks like fun!

Lucky.

Went through vids 1-12, wow, I am humbled. I really had a lot of fun watching them, and I saved them all for future fun! :) Can't wait for the next batch of Z car motion picture excitement! Makes me want to go start my own project...

BTW, great choice of music. I own some of the stuff you used as well, hehe.

Keep us updated, looks like fun!

Here is #13! I posted it a couple of posts ago... :stupid: :cheeky:

http://www.voodoo-people.com/~daz/mull/wmv/mull@hugo13.wmv

You got a PM btw... ; )

Love the project, Mull. You must be single - no wife/girfriend would put up with such a project (I have wife plus 4 children - I can't even get time to service the car, let alone restore it!).

Have fun building the engine. A friend of mine has an R33 GTR Vspec-II, and another friend built an RB30DET engine for it - 320KW at the rear wheels on 1.2 bar boost on the factory computer and injectors. The Apexi computer and big injectors are being fitted this week. His other car is a 1970 240Z with a VG30DET motor, only 180KW at the wheels but tyre smoking torque, and insane fun for a Z ( I drove it one day and couldn't stop laughing!). You might want to consider traction control in your build...

Edit : I've also noticed that the stock gearbox mounts are still in the tunnel... they will have to come out for the GTST gearbox.

I have a wife and FIVE, we agreed that she was'nt the only one with "baggage". I pretty much told her that every once in a while, I would need to spend time on "the mistress". I told her that she was more than welcome to join me at any time while working on the car, But I refuse to make a choice between her and the car.

Needless to say, She's learming a whole new trade, learning tool names and functions, and keeping the hot coffee coming when ever my cup gets low.

She loves the Z and loves riding in the "mistress" even more. We got a good thing, as long as I keep my D1CK out of both of their "tail pipes", she'll let me keep "her" in the garage.

My wife LOVES the videos by the way. She said I'm NOT allowed to get the Z to that point.

Dave.

Mull, awesome videos. I am totally envious of the amount of restoration you are putting into that Z, and I think we can all agree that your Z will be one of the most beautiful out on the road after everything is said and done. I've watched your videos a couple times through, and I plan on showing them to anyone I can.

As for my girlfriend, she's the same as your wife Zs-ondabrain, I told her before we went out that my car was not going to take the "back seat", so to speak, and she agrees with me fully. She only makes a little bit of cash here and there (she's 17, and babysits for the church), but she's offered to put the cash she gets here and there into my car because she loves riding in it and working on it. She's helped me pull the head off of my L24 more times than I would like to count, and I'm pretty confident she'd be able to do the work herself if I asked her to.

But Mull, my original point was that my girlfriend likes your videos too, and she's already talking about doing everything you are doing, but to my car instead.

Enjoy the project, and be happy you're making videos, you'll not only have the sense of accomplishment of bringing something back to life and making it truly beautiful, but you can watch your videos and remember the hell you've been through. :)

I have a wife and FIVE, we agreed that she was'nt the only one with "baggage". I pretty much told her that every once in a while, I would need to spend time on "the mistress". I told her that she was more than welcome to join me at any time while working on the car, But I refuse to make a choice between her and the car.

Needless to say, She's learming a whole new trade, learning tool names and functions, and keeping the hot coffee coming when ever my cup gets low.

She loves the Z and loves riding in the "mistress" even more. We got a good thing, as long as I keep my D1CK out of both of their "tail pipes", she'll let me keep "her" in the garage.

My wife LOVES the videos by the way. She said I'm NOT allowed to get the Z to that point.

Dave.

Mine would prefer I sold the car... :(

Love the project, Mull. You must be single - no wife/girfriend would put up with such a project (I have wife plus 4 children - I can't even get time to service the car, let alone restore it!).

Have fun building the engine. A friend of mine has an R33 GTR Vspec-II, and another friend built an RB30DET engine for it - 320KW at the rear wheels on 1.2 bar boost on the factory computer and injectors. The Apexi computer and big injectors are being fitted this week. His other car is a 1970 240Z with a VG30DET motor, only 180KW at the wheels but tyre smoking torque, and insane fun for a Z ( I drove it one day and couldn't stop laughing!). You might want to consider traction control in your build...

Edit : I've also noticed that the stock gearbox mounts are still in the tunnel... they will have to come out for the GTST gearbox.

Haha, yeah - I'm kind of single anyway, seeing someone :classic: :rolleyes:

Your friends seem to have a couple of nice projects going! I do consider

getting a EMS from AEM (which have launch control as well as traction).

The stock gearbox mounts are on since I have to get the car through

inspection with the stock engine/gearbox first, before putting the RB in.

Dave.

Haha, cute story! I just hope that when I marry I find a girl of equal values : )

Thanks! Good to hear she "LOVES" the videos! :classic: :love:

Mull, awesome videos. I am totally envious of the amount of restoration you are putting into that Z, and I think we can all agree that your Z will be one of the most beautiful out on the road after everything is said and done. I've watched your videos a couple times through, and I plan on showing them to anyone I can.

As for my girlfriend, she's the same as your wife Zs-ondabrain, I told her before we went out that my car was not going to take the "back seat", so to speak, and she agrees with me fully. She only makes a little bit of cash here and there (she's 17, and babysits for the church), but she's offered to put the cash she gets here and there into my car because she loves riding in it and working on it. She's helped me pull the head off of my L24 more times than I would like to count, and I'm pretty confident she'd be able to do the work herself if I asked her to.

But Mull, my original point was that my girlfriend likes your videos too, and she's already talking about doing everything you are doing, but to my car instead.

Enjoy the project, and be happy you're making videos, you'll not only have the sense of accomplishment of bringing something back to life and making it truly beautiful, but you can watch your videos and remember the hell you've been through. :)

Thanks man :rambo: When you're feeling envious, just remind yourself of how

many cheap 240z you have all over your country. We have a total of about 50

in Sweden. Most of which are fairly stock. I know of two that have V8's though.

I am happy for making the videos since they give me inspiration. And seeing

where the car's come from - to where it's at today - is very refreshing to say

the least :stupid: :classic:

The stock gearbox mounts are on since I have to get the car through

inspection with the stock engine/gearbox first, before putting the RB in.

Don't they care what you do after inspection? Here, you have to have an engineers report done and pass an inspection with the new driveline.