IGNORED

Zspecialties Alternator?????

ZIII

oh i almost forgot , no need to worry about burning up wires with this alt . the stock wires will be fine . if you are overly concerned you can add 1 thicker wire going from the battery post of the alt direct to the positive post on the battery .

Aaron,

Thanks a lot for your advice..... It is exactly what Oliver at Zspecialties told me and he did mention that he would advise going with a larger wire from the battery to the alt. Of course, he also did mention that my regulator would have to go or at least be disconnected if I wanted to keep a stock appearance. It does have its own internal regulator. The other positive things are that you do not have to change anything like pulleys or belts etc.

I am happy to hear that you have this same set up for so long without any problems. I greatly appreciate your advice.....

George

Weasel240....

Got a question for ya... Is there a way to get the self excited circuit going with out needing to rev the motor above 1000 RMP's.

I had heard that all that's need is to connect a dummy light, and diode some where in the alt circuit. I've check various car shop manuals but haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Thanks...

if it helps . i do know what i am talking about . i work for romaine electric and have been here for 13 years . we rebuild starters , alternators , generators etc . and sell all the internal components for them . you can check us out at www.romaineelectric.com

or call me at 1-800-426-5005 ask for aaron .

I'm curious, Are there any modifications to the stock 240Z wiring required for this alternator? Since it's claimed to be a "plug and play" deal I wouldn't think so, but the "one wire" alts that I've heard of did require wiring mods.

Weasel240....

Got a question for ya... Is there a way to get the self excited circuit going with out needing to rev the motor above 1000 RMP's.

I had heard that all that's need is to connect a dummy light, and diode some where in the alt circuit. I've check various car shop manuals but haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Thanks...

you can get a smaller pulley in most cases which would spin the rotor shaft faster at lower rpms

I'm curious, Are there any modifications to the stock 240Z wiring required for this alternator? Since it's claimed to be a "plug and play" deal I wouldn't think so, but the "one wire" alts that I've heard of did require wiring mods.

no need to change wiring or any other modifications unless you have a big stereo system that draws alot . in that case all you need to do is add a single wire 6 guage from the battery post on the alt directly going to the positive battery post .

no need to change wiring or any other modifications unless you have a big stereo system that draws alot . in that case all you need to do is add a single wire 6 guage from the battery post on the alt directly going to the positive battery post .

So then, the connector on the Z wiring harness plugs into the alt as is, or is eliminated?

OK thanks.

one last question. is it just not plugged in, or does it have to be removed from the harness? I'm asking because I wouldn't want to alter my wiring harness in any way. Leaving it unplugged would be OK for me, but not removing it from the harness.

just leave it unplugged . i used a wire tie to keep it looking good and out of the way .