IGNORED

Euro/Aussie front spoiler photo's?

Ricklandia

Nice pictures of the UK Car. That brings up another thing that I have been wondering about. I have seen a few pictures of UK cars now. Did they have different rear view mirrors mounted on the doors than the US spec model? Most of the pictures I have seen show dual mirrors and they seem to have a more bullet-like or streamlined shape. I really like the look of them.

Marty

Marty,

Most of the early UK-market cars had big door mirrors like the ones seen on the yellow car that Mr Camouflage posted pics of ( Nissan UK's current press car ).

These were I believe actually fitted by the concessonaire in the UK at the time ( Datsun UK ) rather than being fitted at the factory in Japan.

What you are describing sounds different. Got any pics?

Alan T.

Mr Camouflage and others,

You mentioned the front indicators, but somewhere along the lines when the car was rebuilt for Nissan UK, were put on wrong. The front indicators should be on the top of the bumper, not below. See attachment.

Cheers

Ian

post-6856-14150795199893_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the link! I think that is a much better looking spook than the BRE.

I found this old picture in a box the other day, Lachlan. It was taken at the Daytona 24 hour race. I do not have a model of that particular car. The one kit I found was rather expensive - about $100 compared to the $25 kits I have of the later R89s and R90s. The same model kit brand makes the R87G car, for about the same price, and I am left drooling.

And just to keep this close to topic. The aerodynamic engineering of the spook and spoiler combo makes a significant difference in the way a Z handles. The "Euro" look is not just for looks. The effect these pieces have on the car is impressive.