IGNORED

'71 240Z What do you think?

jmark

The second owner really put cool stuff on the car such as the Momo steering wheel, rear sway bar, roll bar, spoilers, head light covers. All period correct for a '71 240Z. Don added the Panasports. The car even has a radio w/8-track tape player in it!

post-5664-1415079520832_thumb.jpg

Jmark, you can get KLINE Co. here to repro that hose, and if u need i can pull the vac and charge for u, let me know!
The current owner tried charging the AC and it cooled for a bit till he found the low pressure hose leaking. It routes near the hood latch and had rubbed a small hole in it. He bought a splice connector and said that should work. Not sure he'll get it put on before I pick her up. May need your help.

I noticed the stock wooden shift knob didn't want to tighten up. Is there a set screw or something? Wood appears darker than other 240Z's I've seen.

Mark,

You can try wrapping the shifter threads with some plumbers teflon tape. Sometimes that is enough to tighten it up. Some of the very early cars I have seen have had a darker shift knob. My '70, blt 6/70 has a darker knob.

The car looks very nice. I am partial to cars with the blue interior. It's very rare. My '70 has it as well. It is somewhat surprising that the seats would need to be replaced and the interior panels are faded on such a low mileage car. Even the paint for that matter. It must have sat outside for some of its life. With 37K, it's hardly broke in.

Nice find.

Marty

Mark,

You can try wrapping the shifter threads with some plumbers teflon tape. Sometimes that is enough to tighten it up. Some of the very early cars I have seen have had a darker shift knob. My '70, blt 6/70 has a darker knob.

The car looks very nice. I am partial to cars with the blue interior. It's very rare. My '70 has it as well. It is somewhat surprising that the seats would need to be replaced and the interior panels are faded on such a low mileage car. Even the paint for that matter. It must have sat outside for some of its life. With 37K, it's hardly broke in.

Nice find.

Marty

Marty, Thanks. Your Blue car looks awesome. The driver seat had a small tear and the passenger seat was OK. He tried to match the driver seat material and gave up and replaced both with a Classic Datsun kit. The panels in the rear are faded. Looks like Classic Datsun has replacement panels. The car was bought new in FL and traded in '73 to Don's Dad's dealership. Local man bought the car at 6K miles and documented every fuel fillup on a notepad. Stops at 35K miles. Don bought the car at this time. Any tips on smoothing out the shifting on a type A gearbox. Seemed a little notchy to me. Of course it may need to brake in still!

Awesome car...sounds really good.

Something to keep in mind, do not get frustrated (if this is your first Z)....you are going to find a lot more problems as you become familiar with your Baby....I know that after having my Zed for 5+ years, I am much much more familiar with this rig and all of its problems than I ever could when I first got it. I think even experts would think the same as you can't always be certain when you first purchase a rig.

But how it sounds, it sounds like you have a complete awesome Zed on your hands!

ENJOY THOROUGHLY!!!!!!!

Have a Zedful Monday everybody! :)