IGNORED

nice car but way over priced

dat240z71

And it is a 73 which is the least desirable 240z also...

Exsqueeze me? Bacon powder? There are benefits to EACH year of the 240. From the 70 to the 73. Saying that one is least desirable, I don't thinks so. The 73 IMO has better safety standards with the better crash bars in the doors. It also has the reclining seat mechanism, illuminated heat panel cluster and rear sway bar brackets. The one downfall is it's conformance to emmision standards of it's time (carbs) which most likely have been modified by someone to the earlier carbs.

Not picking on you Ron but I've heard this too many times.

....... but I've heard this too many times.

Maybe there is a reason? Not everyone likes any car for all the same reasons as another person. It's OK for you to think that a 73 240Z is the Cat's Meow, but not everyone has to agree with you. When they don't agree with you, it shouldn't lessen your enjoyment of the car you like, or be an afront to your sensibilites if you don't let it bother you.

If the BOAT ANCHOR carbs have been removed and Round Tops added, is it really still a 73 240Z anymore? Or just a heavier 72 Z (door beams and bumpers) LOLROFL :stupid:

Rock Stock compared to Rock Stock, Year for Year, IMO the statement was correct for many people,, but certainly not for all. But that's not to say that a stock 73 doesn't have some features that are an improvement over the features from prior years Z cars.

Good point Bambi. I believe an earlier Z is more desirable over a 73 because of the features that make that year unique. Rear vented hatch, vertical defroster and the fact that early cars are rarer and more desirable.

I have a 72 Z which is really the same as a 73 here and i consider all 240z's to be 240z's and the best of the breed overall. Now the 260z LOL that's another story hahaha.

Valuations and reasoning: the most valuable 240Z's would be original race cars with history ala, Bob Sharp and BRE 240Z's; I would speculate values upwards of $100k. Followed by all original low mileage cars somewhere around $38k to 50k, followed by very good restorations (in the low to mid $30k range).Then Early serial number cars below 500, then 1970 240's, 71 /72 240's, then 73's.

Dont get me wrong, a really clean all original 73 is worth more than a fair condition early car, and in some respects are better as pointed out above. but, poor carburation and added weight makes it a little less desirable.

260Z's that were only made for one year have never been considered a collectors item....

Just my $.02

Valuations and reasoning: the most valuable 240Z's would be original race cars with history ala, Bob Sharp and BRE 240Z's; I would speculate values upwards of $100k. Followed by all original low mileage cars somewhere around $38k to 50k, followed by very good restorations (in the low to mid $30k range).Then Early serial number cars below 500, then 1970 240's, 71 /72 240's, then 73's.

This is complete hogwash...there is no such thing as a $38k to $50k 240z...26th Z could gold plate his 26th after concours restore and it still wouldn't be worth $50k....this isn't even my opinion.

A perfect low vin Z could possibly worth around $15,000 if it was original never restored garaged, and has only like 20k miles on it...or about the same price if it was concours (sp) restored.

If anyone disagrees, I would like to know more (in other words give me proof) as I would love my Z to be worth this much, but I have never seen this. This could be the case in the future (but even Wendy's value meal items could cost $3.99 each as well).

The "factory resto Z's" from a few years back are reaching $30k+ on ebay. Ten years ago, a good friend of mine sold an All original 72 for $12k. To even look at doing a full restoration on a 240 from Classic Datsun (one of the best restoration companies in the country) will cost $30k+!! not including the price of the car. We are at a time where the original parts are running out and the value of these cars are starting to climb quickly.

We are talking the elite of the elite here not someones quasi-restorod 240Z.

Dogma I think you need to re-evaluate. Oh, and enjoy your lunch....

PS, I know that Gerry Mason's BRE 240Z could easily sell for $100k, if it were for sale.

If a car is put on Ebay with a reserve...that doesn't mean that is what it is worth...most of those auctions end with 0 bids for a good reason....nobody buys them...I mean the 'factory restored 240z' aren't even considered a real 'concours' cause they are considered part of that program...there was one on there a month ago for $30k reserve with 0 bids at the end.

The best over 100# z in the world, you name whatever it is, could be the #1 resto in the world isn't going to cost over maybe 30,000 to PURCHASE...of course it is going to cost more to restore, I though that was inferred. If you sell one right now like that, you're going to lose money everytime.

Just show proof of someone paying something like that.... I would like to see it...cause saying it would go for something and it actually sellingfor it are 2 different things.

Selling an original 72 for 12k has nothing to do with saying ANY z would fetch 38-50 thousand....

<<quasi-restorod 240Z.

Dogma I think you need to re-evaluate. Oh, and enjoy your lunch....

PS, I know that Gerry Mason's BRE 240Z could easily sell for $100k, if it were for sale.>>

never said anything about a quasi restored z, whatever that is....no I don't have to re evaluate...enjoy your lunch means you're getting personal, but I don't know why....just show me proof of a 38-50k Datsun transaction...

I agree that the BRE car would fetch high prices but that is one car with a rich history...that isn't a normal 70 concours restored Datsun 240z which isn't going to get 38-50k.