IGNORED

Showus Yuh Wheels, Aussie!!

260DET

I guess you could say I like the Wat's Minilites, & Superlites look the best.

I do like some modern wheels but I like being different to all the Commodore drivers and Rotory drivers and all other car enthusiasts here in Aus. :cheeky:

Should give credit to Nick H for his efforts on Big Sam.

post-1316-14150795043399_thumb.jpg

post-1316-14150795043558_thumb.jpg

Ok, here's a few shots of the wheels on the 1972 Skyline GT

Rears are 15 X ? Watanabe with 225x 50 x15 tyres fitted. The outer edges of the rim are definitly wider than the tread contact on the road. Given the tyres fitted, what do you think I should have on there?

Fronts are 15X? Watanabe with 205x50 x15. The fit looks ok so I'm guessing ~ 15x6.5"?

post-6441-14150795073717_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795073959_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795074207_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795074566_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150795074801_thumb.jpg

I think theyre fine as they are. Despite the tyres being a little stretched, the contact surface is probably optimised as opposed to a tyre that is the 'correct' size for the rim, with part of the tread being wasted...

Why do watanabe users often have no centre caps installed?

Why do watanabe users often have no centre caps installed?

Probably because the centre caps are really expensive LOL.

BTW i don't suppose anyone knows how much Watanabe Wheels Weigh?

Is magnesium alot lighter than Aluminium I'm told it is...

Hey there Justin,

I have the same wheels on "Precious" which came with the car. I believe they were a dealer option at the time of sale (or so the original owner told me).

Fortunately, the chromed plastic caps for the center of the wheels were all in good nick but only one still had a badly deteriorated Aunger sticker on it.

I searched the web for Aunger, found them and asked if the Aunger stickers were still available, supplying a detailed description. There was no email reply but, a week or so later, I received an envelope from them containing half a dozen of the stickers I had requested with a note telling me there was no charge for them.

As for the chromed plastic centres, I have no idea where they could be sourced from. Perhaps Warren at All Z Parts could help.

The pic didn't scan very well. The outer border, strips on either side of the red stripes and the word Aunger are chromed while the center stripe and either end is black. Quite impressive.

Rick.

post-2520-14150795076043_thumb.jpg

Hey Rick,

Do you have a close pic of these centre caps? I can't quite see them in the pics in your gallery. Also, what size are your wheels? They look a bit skinnier than mine (14x7 with 225s). One more question! Are yours Performance Hotwires, or Cheviot Hotwires?

G'Day again mate,

Mine are Cheviot 6JJx14's (stamped on the wheels), running Bridgestone B70's

195/70 R14's.

Sorry mate, no photo available and no film in the camera. That's what those four little holes in the wheels are for ............. to screw the caps on. The caps are round at the base but flatten out top and bottom to an oval to take the oval shaped Aunger sticker. I have seen them on cars other than Zeds but can't recall WHICH cars.

The info any good to you ???????????????

Rick.