IGNORED

ZG front lip and headlight covers

Hypertek

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm in the process of restoring my 240Z (Euro-spec), but I really love the ZG-conversion. Has anyone actually ordered these parts from Japan? Is overseas shipping reliable? Is the quality much better than parts from MSA?

I checked out the ZG-parts on this website:

http://home.att.ne.jp/sky/FairladyZ/index.htm

PS Rusty 260Z, thanks for the English link, really helped alot.

I discovered that if you put that URL into Google it will translate it for you.

A couple weeks ago I tried to contact those guys to get a price and availability on the urethane front bumper but I haven't heard anything back from them...

MAX

I have recently got a G-Nose for my Zed. It was on a 2+2 and I did a swap/deal with the owner who did not like the look that much. I got new Nissan headlight covers from Japan NOS. The cost an arm and a leg but I was told but the Japanese man that ordered for me that there were only 5 NOS left in Japan. Here is what I surgest you do (this is what I did). I found a local performance car shop that is owned by an ex-nissan mechanic (Japanese) and had him contact the suppliers in Japan etc. I guess it cost me more as he would have added a commission but I got the parts which was more than what I got trying to email the suppliers (never heard back from any of them). He also help me get a some other goodies for my Zed.

http://home.att.ne.jp/sky/FairladyZ/index.htm

Good luck - also the 5 piece kits in the link above a very very good quality (as close to the real thing or better). I believe these are what the guys who have original ZG get replacement parts from should they damage theirs.

NZEDER,

Thanks for the information. I have been in contact with this fellow and he seems willing to help:

J's Garage Export

Yoshitaka Ikeda yosi@j-garage.com

A friend of mine who lives in Japan helped me get a set of NOS G Nose parts last year but unfortunately he is too busy with his new job now to help. The parts are working out fine except for the Urethane Bumper which was used and had been slightly damaged but enough so that is may not be fixable....So as a consequence I am only in need of the Urethane Bumper...

In fact I just heard from my body guy today that the final paint was applied to my car today.....So we are getting close.....

Good Luck

MAX

Looks like there could be a market for ZG light covers - way doesn't someone make replica one? I am going to take my NOS Nissan ones to a sheet metalworker to see if he can make a copy of the stainless steel bands, I will run these copies on the car (keeping the originals in a save place). I will let you know how I make out (I hope this does not break any copyright etc) the plastic should be easily replicated.