IGNORED

How Fast Is Fast To You?

cremmenga

Fast is keeping the other guy in your rearview mirror, on the race track where excessive speed belongs. :knockedou JLP

Agreed. Going fast on the race track helps get the need for speed out of your system.

Fastest in a Z: About 125 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Because of the walls looming, it felt fast, too. BTW, we don't lift going into turn 3, unlike those NASCAR wimps.

Aaah who cares theres nothing wrong with talking Z car performance on a Z car site.

FYI a 240Z's windscreen wipers will literally lift clear of the windscreen at 150+MPH. i havent figured that out yet ROFL

Same with my camaro, If you ever see a newer camaro, firebird, and i think corvette, there are sheilds over the wipers to protect them from wind. In my camaro when you turn them on they lift up from behind the sheild and then start going, and when your done they lower back down.

HOLY SHITA! YOUR RIGHT! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS MAN??

No silly's this means, I'm going to go back in time, and take POR 15 with me and cover my car with it so it will be nice for me now, and then slap the hell out of the guy who bondoed the whole thing! I may set myself up a trust fund or something to build intrest till today so i can go get out the $$$$ now!!!LOL

Holy crap....189mph in a Z06...what is a Z06? I've been 145mph in a Ferrari 348TS with the targa's off and over 500mph in a aeroplane.

/QUOTE]

With the tops off, you must have had a fair bit of wind- not the time to take out your roadmap. What kind of airplane was that, Mustang? Spitfire? Mine was in a Casset.

What was that like having 500mph of wind blowing by you I bet it was a RUSH!!!! very cool!

I'm sure they'll get much faster when they get electric technology perfected. As proof, look at the world speed record for electric r/c model boats, which is 122 MPH; gasoline- or nitro- powered models can barely reach 100 MPH.

The next electric record race is for 140 MPH...

Yep, it was incredibly loud at that speed in the 348 with the targa off. I also wondered why they bothered to fit a CD in the thing, no chance of hearing it even at very low speed. Anyway, I would like to meet anyone who would be sick of listen to a 3.4litre dry sumped V8 screaming upwards of 8500rpm. It didn't push me back the seat like I was expecting, what did amaze me was the little time it took to get to 100mph. The rev counter didn't seem to slow down in any gear, it just moved up at a constant rate, no evil power surges just nice and wholesome. But when we got back from our 1/2 hour blast the thing sure did make some noise when it was cooling down. Aluminium tinks and donks alot more than I thought it would.

But we really shouldn't have been moving at that speed on a A road. Even on a UK motorway, 145mph would be scary. On an A road it was a little terrifying, but it did feel as though it was on rails. But I didn't like to dwell on the thought of what would happen if the thing lost traction.....Ferrari's don't like hitting things. :finger:

I don't speed anymore, the fines are too big and your outlook DOES change once you have kids somewhat. So, do it on the track is good advise well worth listening to. :)