IGNORED

How Fast Is Fast To You?

cremmenga

Airplane for me too. I've been to about 300 kts in a race plane myself once. I pulled back on the throttle when the needle went off the scale- didn't want to break it. LOL My dad's Cessna 182 with the new engine cruises at about 150 kts (about 170 MPH), on 1/2 throttle.

FYI, did you know r/c sailplanes can go over 250 mph? No engine needed there. but it does take a little time to get enough altitude.

We are all know nothings, the earth is spinning at 700-ll00 mph(depending on proximity to the equater-so we all are rocking right along every minute of every day!

Will

IF YOU WERE IN THE 700 mph area and

if you were driving at 186 MPH the wrong directon you would actually going backwards 514 MPH !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were in the 700 mph area and if you were driving at 186 MPH the wrong directon you would actually going backwards 514 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think so...

I think you'd be going 186 MPH, only in the wrong direction. But according to your way of thinking, you'd only be going 514 MPH in the same direction as before (only slower)

It depends on your relative point-of-viewing. You'd have to be watching yourself go from some other point, as in geosynchronous orbit. But at about 24,000 miles away, you'd need a telescope to see yourself. To be going backwards 514 MPH , you'd have watch yourself to going 700 + 514 = 1214 MPH in the opposite direction.

OK OK so I meant In a Car?? LOL
OK, in a car then, but you didn't say that in your original question. People need to think more, talk less. Hence the saying, "Light travels faster than sound, so he looked smart until he opened his mouth."

Holy crap....189mph in a Z06...what is a Z06? I've been 145mph in a Ferrari 348TS with the targa's off and over 500mph in a aeroplane.

/QUOTE]

With the tops off, you must have had a fair bit of wind- not the time to take out your roadmap. What kind of airplane was that, Mustang? Spitfire? Mine was in a Casset.