IGNORED

gotta sell my 69 fairlady

NovaSS

Well things have changed and I may have to sell my fairlady. Its a complete numbers matching car but needs a complete resturation. Its a late 1969 ( nov) production right hand drive fairlady, serial number 00144. Its titled as a 1969 car ( please dont start on if there is such thing as a 1969 Z car or not LOL )

My problem is I have no idea what it is worth. Is there any link were I can find a ball park fugure?

DOn't worry about what she is worth, send her to a great home(like Mine!) where she will get all of the TLC she can handle, and be the trophy car she deserves to be!

I don't know what she would be worth either-need pictures, lots and lots of pictures!

Will

DOn't worry about what she is worth, send her to a great home(like Mine!) where she will get all of the TLC she can handle, and be the trophy car she deserves to be!

I don't know what she would be worth either-need pictures, lots and lots of pictures!

Will

I second all of what Will has said...except that it should be sent to my home. LOL

Seriously though, how much are you looking to get for it? I may be interested in buying it. Where are you located?

Mikepictures246.jpgMikepictures245.jpgMikepictures247.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Novass301/Mikepictures247.jpg

Its located on the esat coast. These pictures were taken when it was pulled out as just as it was being transfered into my garage, so it was only out in the weather for a few months. When it was parked it was running, the engine was rebuilt in the mid 80s but has been sitting for over 10 years. When itwas pulled up on my trailer the rear brakes were locked up. The car has been in my family since 1979 and am the second owner.

It has rust above the rear wheel wells and there is rust damage under the battery tray and to the left frame rail, very extensive as the rail is missing ! besides that the floors and rear hatch area are in good shape. I still think I have the original wheels and hub caps.

Oh yes it still has the original 2000 cc and 5 speed. The exhaust mainifold was replaced with a header by my father in 1980. I have no idea were it went to.

Sounds like it needs some work.... but.. hey, she's worth it! Must feel a little weird to shift with your left hand? ...... Nova SS, are those goats I see in the background??...and green grass?? You must live in the SE. 26th Z is probably the closest to you....#26 & 27 would love to have some company!!

Thanks for the flood of private mail !

To answer the questions, Yes I have the title and its a clear Louisanna ( sp?) title and its regestered as a 1969 car. I know of all the depate about 1969 cars. It seems the first batch of 500 240z heading for america and the 300 or so Fairladys that stayed in Japan were made in the last three months of 1969. As far as I can tell this one ran off the line in Novemeber and was titled to a GI station there. He brought it back to the US and sold it to my dad in the late 70s.

The car is in Delaware, just out side of Dover.

I will not know if I will have to sell or not. I will know before the end of the month. Im just trying to find out a fair value of the car and to see if there is a mrket for it.

As for the goats Yes, matter of fact I forgot to list one peice of damage. One of the goats climbed on the roof and dented it !

Right now its in my garage and I will go over and try to get some more pics.

I know of all the depate about 1969 cars. It seems the first batch of 500 240z heading for america and the 300 or so Fairladys that stayed in Japan were made in the last three months of 1969. As far as I can tell this one ran off the line in Novemeber and was titled to a GI station there.

Hi NovaSS,

I'm not sure where you got that figure of 300 or so Fairladies for 1969?

Nissan Shatai's records show that they had manufactured 969 'Domestic' market S30-series cars ( and 543 'Export' market S30-series cars - which will be 'HS30' and 'HLS30' models ) up to the end of December 1969.

Nissan Shatai's figures for 'Domestic' market cars do not differentiate between Fairlady Z S30-S / S30 models ( Z and Z-L ) and Fairlady PS30 / PS30-SB ( Z432 / 432R ) models.

However, official records for 'Domestic' chassis numbers ( 'Shatai Bango' in Japanese ) manufactured within the 1968 and 1976 period do exist, and these differentiate between S30 and PS30 variants. These chassis numbers are broken down by year in the records.

The chassis numbers quoted for 1969 year manufacture are:

*S30 ( Fairlady Z & Fairlady Z-L ) = Chassis Numbers S30-00001~00953

*PS30 ( Fairlady Z432 & Fairlady Z432-R ) = Chassis Numbers PS30-00001~00072

As you can see, Nissan Shatai's figures for the quantities of 'Domestic' bodies manufactured in 1969 ( total 969 ) do not add up with the official records of Chassis Numbers manufactured in 1969 ( 953 'S30' prefixed plus 72 'PS30' prefixed = 1025 cars total ).

However, looking at the monthly breakdown of Nissan Shatai's figures, I think its safe to say that your car ( S30-00144 ) would indeed have been manufactured in November 1969. That's a nice low VIN number and I would say its a pretty rare survivor of 1969 production Fairladies. It is definitely worthy of being saved.

Just one point: you mentioned that it was "numbers matching", and I know what you mean ( original engine in original chassis ) but the Japanese VIN tags never quoted the actual engine number. They just quoted the engine type related to its taxation class, as can be seen on the VIN tag picture that you posted.

Whatever you do ( keep or sell ) I wish you all the best with it. If it wasn't so far away from me I would have been knocking on your door by now :love:

Good luck,

Alan T.