IGNORED

JDM grill on EBay no reserve

lvmy240z

I assure everyone that the grill is for the Japanese Domestic S30, S30-S, PS30, and PS30-SB. Meaning 240Z. HS30-H observes that the mesh pattern is finer for the PS30, however this could simply be a difference in manufacture. None-the-less, the contention that the grill is for the 260 / 280 is incorrect.

Looking at the pictures it appears that this grill is made of expanded metal, is that right? What are the dimentions of the diamond openings in the grill, and is the metal raised or flattened? I am curious as I need to make a grill to fit my larger opening (no bumper) and like this look. A 2' X 4' sheet of either 1/2" or 3/4" diamond raised expanded metal is only around $30 making this a real option for me. You guys that have one, can you get me a clear close photo of the mesh?

Looking at the pictures it appears that this grill is made of expanded metal, is that right? What are the dimentions of the diamond openings in the grill, and is the metal raised or flattened? I am curious as I need to make a grill to fit my larger opening (no bumper) and like this look. A 2' X 4' sheet of either 1/2" or 3/4" diamond raised expanded metal is only around $30 making this a real option for me. You guys that have one, can you get me a clear close photo of the mesh?

Take a look at my first photo, couple of threads back, copy it to your drive and then expand it and you should have a good view. It is, in fact, a diamond shaped expanded metal. It is 10mm (.4 inch) at the widest part of the diamond. Now, depending on where you live and where you drive, you might want to consider making the grill opennings smaller in order to offer you better protection from bugs, small rocks, etc. The radiator, as you know, is right there. Now, if the picture doesn't work out for you let me know and I will go out and shoot some more.....

At one time wasn't there a member who was selling these? Do we know what happened to them?

Scott

Probably talking about MWZ (aka. Chloe) and she's gone forever. Please do not make this into another thread about her and that situation...I've read enough about her. She's gone, let's just leave it at that unless you want to search out the thread that discussed it in depth (order a pizza and a six-pack first as it's a LONG thread).

FYI: I believe she was selling them for $150, I had asked her at one time what her price was because I wanted one...errrr...ummmm...still want one.

ZIII,

Thanks, your first photo is the one I hadn't looked at! figures,

Expanded metal is sold by the length of the diamond I believe, what is that measurement? and I couldn't really tell by the photo but is the metal raised (untouched after being expanded) or flat (think of it expanded then smashed flat on a single plain so it becomes just a sheet)?

Thanks for your time!

Lance, the length of the diamond is 25mm or .98 inch. It is not flat. It has an angle to it, almost raised and tilted. What is on my Z is a unique screen and it has more of a design angle that what I have commonly seen for sale at hardware stores. It is not the type of screem you would ordinarily find at Home Depot or Lowes. Anyway, I haven't seen any like it. But, I have used Home Depot screens to make screens for my vette. They look nice also but I would highly recommend that you prime it and then top coat with a color of your choice and then seal it.

Many moons ago a good friend of mine had a red 70Z on which he put this screen and from whom I got the itch to get one after having seen his. He painted his red and it did look very nice. I left mine stock color as I like the contrast.

Hope this helps.....

George