IGNORED

FILMS "Road test in the U.S. & CANADA Oct-Dec 1969"

kats

Kats,

Is the film with the cylinder head off the car from the heavy maintenance period, November 1969? This would be after they made the Southern run to New Orleans and back? Notice the mustache bars laying on the floor? I wonder if they had drive shaft problems during that run.

Thank you,thank you everyone.

bpilati,yes the man is wearing blue sweat is Mr.K!I do not know Nissan still keeps the early design sketches.I remember Mr.Matsuo(chief designer of S30)said he could not bring his design sketches when he quit Nissan in 1974.Seems to me he still regrets and has some angry feelings about it.

26th-Z,very good eye sights and very good question,but I am sorry I am not for sure that.I am wondering what parts was replaced after the test run.I think I said before this,the test report said On 20th Dec 1969,a 240Z arrived by air at NMC gardena.This car had some modifications to clear problems of vibration around differential gear,steering kick back,road noise,engine mountings.

Mr.Uemura said they brought rear sway bar and tested in that run.They judged it was not needed for normal driving in the U.S.

I will post rest of tape."Mrs.Johnnie gable?photo graph mission", "in the car washing service shop" etc..

kats

Hi,

Today I added some films to my web site,

http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903/films.html

Please enjoy these films.

What were you doing at that time back in late 1969?

How old were you ?

Is there anyone who met these test 240Zs on the road and remember that?

I was only 4 months old in Oct 1969.I like to imagine what people were doing in those days.

Thank you,

kats

In November of 1969 when my 240Z was made (a month after these videos, from what I understand), I was almost 9 years old. Knew nothing about cars except my matchboxes and slot-car racers. It would be another 8 years before I got my first Z! (which was a 1971 series 1 240Z, but I didn't know anything about it then, except it was really cool!).

Thanks for the videos, kats, they are great!

All of a sudden I can't watch them either on my WinXP machine. All of kats video files now show in Windows Media player in reverse color video! All other videos that I tried are fine. kats, what codec did you use for these? I have just updated my video card driver, and I could watch the videos fine up until this last batch, so it's my machine that is the problem, but I have to figure it out!