IGNORED

No bumpers?

The Wingnut

Up here in the great northwest it is very much againts the law to run with out bumpers,the good thing is though most of the P.D. don't even now what a z car should look like. and if you do get pulled over you only get a warning.

most of the time.

JZM

i took off my bumpers. even though it was a mind trick to get them bumper shocks off it was worth it for me. taken bumpers off is not for everyone. i have a early 260. if u think about it the early z dont weight much as the todays cars do. since most vehicles are suv. its going to take more time for those vehicles to stop and you are infront of them just make sure u have your seatbelt on all the time. it will not be pretty. :sick:

How come I see so many pick-up trucks with no bumpers? Different rules for trucks?

I've been pulled over once, got a warning for no front plate. Cop didn't notice, or care, about race slicks and no bumpers.

Another time I was followed by cop for 10 miles back to my garage, he just wanted to talk cars (no bumpers and race slicks) he hung around for 30 minutes and checked my car out top to bottom. He said "cooool".

out here in califorrnia i removed my crash bumpers and drove around for about three months. got pulled over for the exhaust but cops never noticed the missing front plate and crash bumpers. i currently have the fiberglass msa bumpers on my 75 280z and no cop has cared.

removing the bumper shocks on our crash bumper models was a pain. i had to drop the gas tank out and then they bolt through the bottom of the car into the inside under the carpet in tight lil spots but the good news is the front ones are easy to remove and when your done you will be happy trust me it was worth the effort.

Front bumper's gone. Safety-wired the plate to the grille, took her out for a spin, nothing flew off. Looks much better without that huge fat lip on there.

Probably be a while before the back one comes off, though.

Anyone have an unbent front valence? Mine is trashed.

I hate the ugly bumpers on 280Zs... but after much self-debate with myself, I decided to leave mine... why? because when my body work is done and I have that shiney new paint job.... I don't wanna be in a minor accident and have someone crush my rear-end... (or front for that matter)... Nissan added these for a reason... "Safety" and without them, your 280Z is wide open for enemy soccor moms to attack in Chevy SUVs.....

just my 2.... errr wait.. "digs in his pocket" .. 3 cents.. :stupid:

I hate the ugly bumpers on 280Zs... but after much self-debate with myself, I decided to leave mine... why? because when my body work is done and I have that shiney new paint job.... I don't wanna be in a minor accident and have someone crush my rear-end... (or front for that matter)... Nissan added these for a reason... "Safety" and without them, your 280Z is wide open for enemy soccor moms to attack in Chevy SUVs.....

just my 2.... errr wait.. "digs in his pocket" .. 3 cents.. :stupid:

Here's another $.02, now you have a nickel!

I think you've made a wise decision. They may be a bit ugly but they definitely provide more protection than when they are "collapsed".

Do you trust SUV/Soccer Moms? ( I don't)

How much do you like your shiny new paint job? (Hopefully a lot)