IGNORED

Finally - My Z Arrives

I am not sure where I was when this thread happened, but I am sure it involved diapers.

Congratulations! I may have to plan a road trip to see your new 4 wheeled baby! Maybe a car Shower of sorts-arghh, too much cuteness exposure-it is dementing me...let me know what she needs!

Will

Beautiful Nate, she looks like my Franklin Mint model. Outstanding find!

I've got the same one Chris! It's been my inspiration to get the exact one I've always wanted.

Spectacular Nate! Debut her at the Florida ZFest in February. It's in Orlando, not to far for you to bring your beauty.

Unfortunately I will be in Northern California during this show, I really wish I could go. Looks like my first show will be the 2005 ZCC in NY. I am moving up that way in June, so it's too perfect.

I may have to plan a road trip to see your new 4 wheeled baby! Maybe a car Shower of sorts-arghh, too much cuteness exposure-it is dementing me...let me know what she needs!

Come on down! It'd be great to have you. All I know about showers is that the showeree get lots-o-presents ROFL J/K

It's here!!! A purchase that began just after Christmas has completed! After all these years my searching has ended.

I picked her up today. When I got there she had a dead battery so I had to jump her. I'll figure out the cause of that shortly. Here she is...

1972 Datsun 240Z, Orange (918), Black Interior, Original L24, Original 4 spd, Original Z hubcaps, Original Owner, Dealer Installed A/C, HLS30-47945. Manufactured 9/71. Does NOT have retracting seat belts. Defrost lines ARE vertical.

Needs new dash - original has like 4 or 5 major cracks. New Glove Box Door - original is hanging on for dear life. A couple of good size dings - Drivers door & roof?!?, also passenger door has a bit of a ripple effect to it. Center console has a few small cracks, the shift boot has seen better days. The dome light cover is cracked.

Question - Did the rear shock towers ever come carpeted... cause they are now.

All in all though, she is complete! And more importantly she's mine!

More to come as I get to comb over her with more time and day light.

Nate

WOW !! It really looks original. It is always good to see one that original. I have the same hybrid '72 (12/71-HLS58865) with the non retractable seat belts and vertical lines. I don't want to restart a thread on the oil caps but which one do you have on this one. I have the OIL one.

Also I just swapped my dash that has only one easily repairable crack in it but I got a perfect one this summer and couldn't resist buying it. I also have a center console without a crack but you have to fit a metal plate underneath to hold the choke mecanism. I did the same with the one installed on mine and it is the best solution. If you're interested, give me a reply. I think I also have a perfect dome ligth.

I also have a center console without a crack but you have to fit a metal plate underneath to hold the choke mecanism. I did the same with the one installed on mine and it is the best solution.

I did this years ago as well. My metal bracket is actually attached to the transmission tunnel and not to the plastic console at all.