IGNORED

Part # for 240Z windshield??

LanceM

MikeW-The only real differance is the thickness.besides the name"etched"on it.the old standard of thicker is better no longer is a standard.todays windshields are much safer due to this.if your going to go aftermarket don't

go cheap!something is sure to go wrong.

JZM

if your going to go aftermarket don't

go cheap!something is sure to go wrong.

JZM

So what's your advice on getting a replacement? What alternatives are there? Should I avoid the local glass guys and go to the Nissan dealer? What should I expect to pay?

Sorry for all the questions ...

So what's your advice on getting a replacement? What alternatives are there? Should I avoid the local glass guys and go to the Nissan dealer? What should I expect to pay?

Sorry for all the questions ...

Let me do some research and I wil get back to you.and theres no such thing

as too many questions.how would you know if you don't ask?

JZM

It came in a Nissan bag with a "Made in Japan" decal / sticker on it, and the etching in the corner includes the Nissan logo. [originally posted by 26th-Z]

Hmm...Looks to me like it's still a rebox/rebag nissan did not make windshields.

thats why the nissan is "etched" in........ and a made in japan "sticker"!

Windshields in nissan bags are 70-78 NOS parts which are still made by an out side source.so what your really paying for is an etching a bag and a sticker..

JZM

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

....sorry for dredging this back up, but I figure it's better than starting a new redundant thread.

I wanted to give this a bump in case anyone in the last few months has had a good or bad experience with windshield installs...I 'm looking at having mine installed in the next few weeks by a professional (cracked mine on removal, thank you very much:tapemouth), and any other experiences would be great to know about.

Any new sources of availability?

Thanks,

Steve

I wanted to give this a bump in case anyone in the last few months has had a good or bad experience with windshield installs...I 'm looking at having mine installed in the next few weeks by a professional (cracked mine on removal, thank you very much:tapemouth), and any other experiences would be great to know about.

Any new sources of availability?

Thanks,

Steve

I had the same luck getting mine out cracked top to bottom in the center. I will have mine installed in the next week. Let you know how it goes.

Jim

I had a new windshield installed on my 810 a few months ago. If you think a windshield for an S30 is difficult to find, try an 810 coupe. It's unique to the coupe and the sedan/station wagon windshield won't fit. JMO but profesionnal installation is the only way to go. Considering how long it took to find that one I surely wouldn't want to have to find another one because I broke it trying to install it myself.