IGNORED

front speakers

280z

i dont blast the music so listening to whats outside wont be a problem but when im on the highway, i cant hear anything so i have to trun it up hella loud then i get a headache. i just want some clear midrange speakers to be able to listen to some music with clear sound. i thought about the quarter panels but i think i would prefer the sound coming from infront of me. im interested in what the above poster was talking about (memoryz) because that wouldnt involve having to cut or replace my door panels.

You might want to look into what the tuner guys do, or the hotrod people. Speakers can also be built into the dash, kickpanels under the dash, or other places. Speakers mounted to the side of the console is do-able; the sound can be aimed at the driver/passenger. I even saw one TV show where the side vents on a car dash were replaced by speakers. I think you can even get 'eyeball speakers.'

im currently working on custom speaker boxes that will mount infront for teh rear strut towers, that are angled towards teh front two seats. each will be a 6x9 3or 4 ways... will post pics when done.

I look forward to seeing this as it's something I am also interested in. I have an unused pair of infinity 6x9s that I am wanting to put to use eventually.

My only concern with mounting them back there was how to properly secure them so that they wouldn't become a projectile in a collision (*knock on wood*).

I'm concerned about that mounting position becauise it's behind the seat, and that the sound might not get to your ears and might get either muffled or bounced away by the back of the seats. Perhaps mounting the speakers high would help.

Also, you could start by making a metal speaker bracket that attaches to the bolts on the top of the struts.

Has anybody mounted 6x9's faqcing forward on the verticle rise of the front part of the luggage riser (rear deck?). I'm thinking of mounting a pair of Infinity Kappa's there along with a pair of 6.5" component (separate tweeter/mid) in the doors and a pair of 10" subs in a box at the rear end of the deck.

I've got an Alpine CD receiver 9825, and will be picking up a JBL 80.4 to run the whole system.

Can't wait till the spring!

anyways i kinda solved my problem. i moved the 6x9's from the back of the car to between the strut towers and the seats. they are facing straight up in their boxes and they sound much better. actually they sound awesome! i can hear them great from both of my ears, if you mount them any other way it gets annoying because your right ear gets more than the other. i ordered 2 amps that will mount perfectly right behind my seats and i will order some more powerful speakers with a fuller range, maybe 6 1/2" speakers, and custom make the enclosures to fit snuggly. then maybe if i still have enough christmas $, i will order a 6" bazooka tube sub-woofer with the built in amp which also fits perfectly between the strut tower and rear panel on the drivers side. the best part of this project is that i dont have to cut or mess with anything in my car. it all stays original. and to think i almost cut my door panels!

for sure ill post some pics when this project is complete, prolly in 1 or 2 weeks