IGNORED

wow-just listed

zhead240

yep- fished yesterday- go back boxing day-(fish don't take holidays) we keep fishing untill the ice stops us.-right now we're in lake huron,docked in sarnia across from port huron michigan

Well, Good luck and stay safe out there. What species do you fish for, or is that a dumb question? (I know nothing about comercial fishing except that it can be very dangerous)

in lake huron we catch mostly whitefish and lake trout-(the odd sturgeon and walleye) in lake erie we catch mostly walleye and yellow perch.we live on the boat for a few days at a time, the most dangerous part is coming home drunk at night and falling into the harbour. ROFL it's happened :stupid:

http://www.boatnerd.com/search/

this is a picture of our boat-78 footer

Who actually did the work? I think there were three shops - Les Canaday / Classic Datsun, Pierre Perot / PierreZ, and ?Mike McGinnis / Banzai? Am I correct about Banzai? Who were the body shops? Want to see pictures of the body cradles that were used in the chassis prep? Do you all want to know more about how they were restored? What the shops looked like? Three shops??? would indicate three different mechanical techniques and a distinguishing "fingerprint" of restoration? Is there any accounting of who did what cars? Have we ever discussed this, or have we always simply dissed the F word. Let's turn this into a legit piece of carcheology and bring together some information.

I'll start a thread after the holiday. I have a bunch of stuff from PierreZ including a video that has been transcribed to DVD. I have a Nissan brochure from the Z store. Ol' Yeller is a Pierre, I think. Zmecca in Tampa has one of the automatics. I'll start a new thread. Interested?

post-4148-14150794623088_thumb.jpg

Chris,

First, let me say Happy Holidays to you and Her Majesty the 26th and the lovely swan the 27th. I can safely say without a doubt that Banzai Motorworks was not involved in restoring any of the 50 or so Z cars purchased by Nissan N.A. However, Mike did sell 50 of his reproduction "OK" stickers to Nissan N.A. (When it's good it's good).

The only two shops ever mentioned in the magazine articles of that era were Classic Datsun and Pierre Z. In one of the articles there was mention of a mass purchase consisting of somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 cars. There is a photograph depicting a bunch of them all chained together much like prisoners; only problem is that about a third of them ever saw the loving hands of either shop.

You may recall that on ebay in two separate auctions some of what was left of the program was sold off very cheaply. In the first auction a BRG 240Z still installed on its dolly awaiting re-assembly that sold for approximately $6-8,000. As proof of that car's tie to the program was a letter from Nissan, N.A. written to the State of California asking that the new owner not be responsible for any fines or fees should the car be re-registered in the State of California. In another auction a lot of about 10-15 cars was offered at a ridiculously low sum of money and if I rmember the auction wasn't completed. In that second auction it made mention that the cars were awaiting the "factory restoration"--the auction wording not mine-- and that since the program terminated early the remaing cars were to be sold off.

wonder what it will go for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...6&category=6187

I have read several of the previous threads concerning Vintage Zs, and still have questions about this most recent ebay auction stated "71" w/VIN # 4090....as well as looking at several parts in interior. I have VIN 5460 to compare to,and several parts, Gauges, steering wheel,dash. are not correct.

Was this type of part substitution common for these beautiful restorations?

respectfully,

David

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4514132766&category=6187

and on the east coast too. out of my price range.maybe i'll bid $10 big ones just to get a thrill of being a player. ROFL

I think you guys are missing the point. Even if this car was not restored "by technicians at Nissan," Nissan did commission the project. They commissioned it as a stock restoration, however, and this car shows too many signs of PO (previous owner) syndrome. The current bid is at $16K, and reserve is not even met! To return this car to original, the new owner will have to spend thousands more to remove and replace the CD player, dish slot mags, big a$$ speakers, and whatever other "improvements" the PO put into this poor car. I'm not saying that it's bad to modify a Z, just that if one is restored to original condition and with factory blessing, it only looses value when it is modified.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...6&category=6187

I have read several of the previous threads concerning Vintage Zs, and still have questions about this most recent ebay auction stated "71" w/VIN # 4090....as well as looking at several parts in interior. I have VIN 5460 to compare to,and several parts, Gauges, steering wheel,dash. are not correct.

Was this type of part substitution common for these beautiful restorations?

respectfully,

David

I would have to agree with David. I have a '71 VIN 17709, and my speedometer starts at 20 mph, not 0 and I have flow-through vents on the rear hatch whereas this Z on eBay seems to have them on the sides. What gives? Is there some kind of official paper from Nissan that validates which VIN #s were part of the program?