IGNORED

'73 in Dallas

mperdue

Found yet another Z in the Dallas Can! Acadamy auction lot today. This one will be salvaged. The engine is partially disassembled - but there's a set of round top 4-bolt carbs + manifold in the hatch. Dash is all torn up but lots of parts are there. Rust doesn't look too bad. The battery tray looked complete but I didn't start poking around. Underside shows signs of rust as usual but I didn' see holes. Last registered/inspected in '99. Brown with iron cross wheels, 4-speed, black interior, nifty light brown "240Z" stripes on the sides. I've got more pics if anyone is interested post here adn I'll post a few more. It's set to be auctioned this wendesday I think, starting at $50 because it's a salvage vehicle. Damn I almost tossed the carbs over the fence but I guess I'm too honest for that. Well anyway hopefully someone can save at least the parts from the crusher!!! I sure wish I could but my wife would absolutely slaughter me... BTW these cars are donated for auction and all proceeds goes to the DCA youth charity fund. I'm not exactly sure what they do but it's probably a good cause. This is the same lot where I saw that really solid gold 280Z a year or so ago. I see lots of Z's there for some reason.

Michael

post-1656-14150794560575_thumb.jpg

Hey Sulla,

Not sure about bidding. I think you just have to go on the day of the auction, register and bid. I think they only take cash. You probably have to pay something up front to show that you really have money to bid but it's probably refundable if you don't win anything. As for the title, I really don't know. The lady I talked to referred to it as salvage but that doesn't necessarily mean the title reflects that. It may just mean that it doesn't run so they can put it in the normal auctions. Good luck

Michael