IGNORED

L24 L26 L28 Dyno results

Mr Camouflage

If Dyno results are are a tuning tool and "dynos should NOT be used for bragging rights. You simply can't compare the results of one dyno to another, even if it's the same model." then this thread is relatively meaningless.

That's purposely misinterpreting my comment. :ermm:

I think I need not explain.

• 1 month later...

Here's a revival but i revisted one of my favorite Z's sites and found the dyno results most distrubing but in a good way of course :).

I had already been told by Alan T that it was somewhere in the 300HP range but the Dyno has confirmed this and caused me to almost wet myself w00t :).

http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~satotats/zhp/z20/index.htm

It's in Japanese and I haven't babblefished it but i think i'll be buying as much Kameari parts as possible :).

very interesting website..

Is the cam tensioner adj on the outside of motor?

Id love to know the specs on the pistons..

power output is unreal-- but looks very "cammy" ie very little under 4000rpm(would be great for racing).

I was quoted $77aus each for Kameari valves here in aust, which was out of my budget-

but Kameari 46mm inlet valves and 38mm exhausts would have been very cool.

What is 338ps in howerpower or KW?

From what I've read he's had a few issues with the motor and problems with valves and pistons hitting.

The P90 has huge valves to begin with and my machine shop put in some slightly larger ones. PS = HP it's just the German abbreviation so i've read.

Your right it looks a little rough under 4000rpm.

You can tell by the dyno chart it's up and down until about 4000rpm and it's all on then on. :)

I'm trying to keep my motor build up streetable but wouldn't mind a bit of coughing down low :)

You can trace the destruction of this thread back to deerboy,Iv'e seen him reply to questions in modified zcar forum with links to hybridz.com if you don't know anything about the specific question why bother with a long winded reply with a link to another site

You can trace the destruction of this thread back to deerboy,Iv'e seen him reply to questions in modified zcar forum with links to hybridz.com if you don't know anything about the specific question why bother with a long winded reply with a link to another site

Ah, another invaluable post from the guy who provides nothing to any thread that he posts to.

I think it has to do with the "pull of the moon". 'Down there' is a looong way to go and the dyno's are upside down. That why they do not work as well. I remember coming home from Sidney and it took 14 1/2 hours. I would love to be in a racecar for 14 hours but never again in an airplane. GAWD it is a long trip! It is a lovely place, however, and the ride was worth it. G'Day

• 3 weeks later...

well to dig up an old thread (i couldnt resist showing off) and to get back to the issue that this thread was started for i got my car tuned the other day. the guy's dyno doesnt do print-outs but the car has 180 RWHP.

l28

tripple side-draft 45 webers

flat tops

HUGE cam (70 degrees i think??)

l26 head

extractors

2 1/4" exhaust

10.something compression

Tom.