IGNORED

Wow! Set of 4 "D" Wheel Covers for $1,247.00!!

lonetreesteve

Why bid prematurely? Why would you want to increase an auction's current bid price if it doesn't close for several more days? This only leads to an inflated closing bid. There is no reason to bid prematurely; it will only encourage other bidders to bid on the item.
Taken from AuctionSniper.com

This is a valid point only IF you don't bid the true MAXIMUM amount you are willing to pay for the item. Unfortunately, too many of us (myself included) WANT that bargain. The proverbial Dollar for 50¢ item. The problem with that type of bidding is that someone might be willing to pay 51¢ and so on.

Besides, the only way a snipe bid will win the item is if in fact your bid is higher than the one that's currently winning.

Personally, I don't care for the snipe bid. I think that it takes much of the ...fun?... out of the auction process. But, at least from my experience if you stick by your MAXIMUM bid, you may find that someone elevates the price you pay, or they pay more than you're willing to. The angst of the snipe bid is that it is right at the last moment AND that, because of the way the bid increment works, they always take the item away from you by "only 50¢".

2¢

Enrique

You should come up to Portland Oregon. They're not required to use G-Strings, only have to maintain a 2 ft. distance, and if you tip well, the girl can "oops" closer.

Whether you choose to "snipe" or bid in the first days of an auction, if you stick by your maximum price, you'll still win and lose some. And in both cases, you'll pay less than your maximum only if nobody else wishes to bid that high.

Enrique

You should come up to Portland Oregon. They're not required to use G-Strings, only have to maintain a 2 ft. distance, and if you tip well, the girl can "oops" closer.

Whether you choose to "snipe" or bid in the first days of an auction, if you stick by your maximum price, you'll still win and lose some. And in both cases, you'll pay less than your maximum only if nobody else wishes to bid that high.

Enrique

So if I come up there will you and Gary take me to the good clubs? :cheeky:

I've tried (in the beginning of my eBay ventures) to bid during the auction an it just seems to encourage others to try to "bump" my bid. I use the eBay tool bar and it prompts me 30 minutes before an auction I'm watching ends. I then synchronize an kitchen timer to the eBay clock and snipe. It works better for me, though I have had my ISP crap out in the last seconds of an auction. Talk about pissed!! Oh, Boy!

Evidently, supply IS that short Carl. I don't know what spell has come over some of my low VIN friends, but I'm glad to see my reputation as "Richy Rich" fade into the sunset. Did you see the $250 cigarette lighter? Or the $200 inspection lid clips?

If they don't wear G-strings to hold the dollars, where do you "stuff" them?

Sure! As long as you remember that when they mean NO TOUCHING, they're referring to YOU reaching out.

Last time I took a client out to the clubs (he was from Chile), when the girl bent over to let him get a good rear view, he jumped up and was about to plant a kiss....you know where. I reached up and yanked him down by his belt, and boy was he pissed. It wasn't until I pointed out the half ton bouncer headed our way that he realized I was only saving his hide.

I took him to another club, where the girls were....shall we say, a bit more forward and got him all happy again. A year later, I went to Chile and he reciprocated with THEIR clubs. Believe me, the raunchiest we have here....is MILD down there. Before I get tons of PM's asking what/why/when/where etc., let's just say that the term Audience Participation took on a completely different meaning.

As far as the auction, I too have had my share of price bumpers who do nothing but bump up the price I end up paying.

Oh well, that's part of the "fun".

Enrique

Evidently, supply IS that short Carl. I don't know what spell has come over some of my low VIN friends, but I'm glad to see my reputation as "Richy Rich" fade into the sunset. Did you see the $250 cigarette lighter? Or the $200 inspection lid clips?

Do you have pics of the clips or the lighter? I have some loose parts, maybe I have some gold I didn't know about? Seriously.

It doesn't make sense to me. Burt's car (which includes hubcaps) draws ever lower bids ($17.1 this last time) and yet people will buy a set of 4 hub caps for more than 7% of that amount. Makes no sense to me.