IGNORED

My New 260z

Here it is just got it deliverd, i put the car cover over it and thats the way it will stay untill i get the rest of the bits in a couple of days, and i finish my exams etc...

might look like it needs a bit of work, but no rust, and non accident car, and i got the full interoir coming in a few days, so a small bit of panel beating and off to the paint shop, for a red spray ,

best place to start with a rust free shell of my own... now im so undecided about engine possibiltys....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

yer not sure about the wheel, just there to steer the car, got the orignal one coming, but will be getting a 240z one for the looks..

i thought the hard part is putting back togther... haha.. but yer its my summer project

Nathan if you want any help working on it let me know ;).

I like working on them just for fun and if I'm free which i hope i can be I'd be glad to help with anything.

OT: But i may have found a summer job..

yes gav, ill be needing your expertise, and cheap labour... haha.. but yer, hoping to sell the silvia soon and send it to the paint shop, should see the engine bay rails, and the battery tray, and also the front radiator support of how unmolested and how rust free it is... u'l love it gav.. hehe..

yer im also not sure about the deal with the rear round vents in the rear, this is original at the back so a 74 must be like that, i actaully havn't looked at what month it is i keep forgetting,

i dont think the 240z got them... not sure why they are there in the 260z, you can't get to bolts thou them or anything pretty pointless, unless someone has the true story

congrats on the new purchase dude - boy wouldnt we all like to purchase a bare shell in undercoat ;) Good luck with it all! I am also in Melbourne and 4 days from finishing my degree so look forward spare time - gimme a yell if you need a hand with anything - gav knows my details. :)

Nathan:Mine is an early 74 (March, the 1st month of 260Zs), no. 756. Yours being 5076 is most likely one of the later ones. To back that up, mine being the early type with the 240Z shell, has no vents behind the bumper at all.

Looks like a great buy hey....I'm amazed at how rust free it seems to be. :)

Well done!

It's great to find a zed in condition like this.

Any idea which was the original colour? I thought red as I was opening the first photos, but was surprised to find green at the end.

The steering wheel insert is similar to one that I salvaged from a 510 several years ago, bit different from the normal "z" one, but still a period piece.

MOM

thanks drunken master, whats ur real name never got it from ya in prevous post easier to say ur real name rather than the nick etc

yer im very excited about the car, cant wait to start working on it, but i can't do anything untill i sell the other car, and finish my exams, which won't be long etc,

yes was orignal green, was very nice when i originally saw it before the prevous owner dismantled it, its orignally a country car, albury victoria to be exact, and been sitting for quite a while, basically needs new suspension, but no engine work which is good so i can get the car registerd so i can drive it around for a while before i make up my mind on engine possibiltys, people want me to stay stock, others want me to modify etc, but not sure what i want yet.

James.

Its a 260Z, so do what you like with it, stiffer chassis than the 240Z and less purists will have a stab at you for swapping a motor, thats my justification for mine anyways.

My 4th Z which I am building now is also very straight with floors and battery area looking as they left the factory. It was Cuongs old car. I did find rust in strange places though once I dismantled it. You can see photos of the car and the rust in the 2nd link in my signature.

The floor was fantastic so I was suprised to find rust in the rear of the drivers rail once the car was sandblasted. I never would have found it otherwise. It was only around a 5c coin size hole, but for it to penetrate right through meant a few inches of it at least were affected. The whole rear of the rail was removed and a new extended version fabricated.