IGNORED

Powder Coated 240Z Suspension Finished

S30TRBO

Chemical baked? that must be fairly new or rarely used cause ive never headr of it. id liek to see some close up pics of the quality of the texture if its possible. Getting textured finishs perfectly even is an art in itsself.

It's a process thats not required but does help the metals pores prior to the powder coating being applied. I have some pics of it in the gallery, it's the process after the sandblasting and before the powder coating. The parts look brown. If you can't find them I will get them off the disc and post them directly tonight. I will also take some close ups of that textured look for further inspection.

It's a process thats not required but does help the metals pores prior to the powder coating being applied. I have some pics of it in the gallery, it's the process after the sandblasting and before the powder coating. The parts look brown. If you can't find them I will get them off the disc and post them directly tonight. I will also take some close ups of that textured look for further inspection.

so, is it a dip in a vat, or is the metal sprayed and then cooked? we have several different types of chemical treatments we use in my shop. We have a high pressure chemical steam wand that sprays asuper heated mix of phosphate and detergent onto a part, and we also have a large heated dipping tank of a slightly different phosphate-detergent mix. when we dip the metals come out in a rainbow of differnet colors. But a gold-brown is mor common. I wonder if this fellow is dipping and then cooking the parts prior to rinse or after? im interested in his process(seems way to time consuming but further inspection of the coating should determine that.

so, is it a dip in a vat, or is the metal sprayed and then cooked? we have several different types of chemical treatments we use in my shop. We have a high pressure chemical steam wand that sprays asuper heated mix of phosphate and detergent onto a part, and we also have a large heated dipping tank of a slightly different phosphate-detergent mix. when we dip the metals come out in a rainbow of differnet colors. But a gold-brown is mor common. I wonder if this fellow is dipping and then cooking the parts prior to rinse or after? im interested in his process(seems way to time consuming but further inspection of the coating should determine that.

It is sprayed on then baked. If you look at picture 013_13A.JPG (on the image station link) that is the before (after sand blasting) and picture 014_12A.JPG shows what it looks like after it's sprayed and baked.

I will get some pics up tomorrow as I will be updating my web page too.

A little late sorry. I hope these will do:

The spindle is coated with the chemical bake. You can tell how everything was taped off before it was powdercoated. I need to hit the bearing race with some sand paper and it will come off for a smooth finish.

powdercoatafter.jpg

This one I used the top of my trash can for contrast so you can see the detail in the texture. I will have more pics on my web page as the reassembly continues.

powdercoatafter-1.jpg

looks like they used some kindof custom paint(or very small paint suppliers paint), thats like no "river" or "wrinkle" text that ive ever used. Looks like it mught be cardinal hammertone black.

not a bad finish, that chemical bake looks intersting. Im gonna look into it, see what its about,

I spent a week or so a couple months ago sanding back an spray painting all my steel suspension and driveline parts with off the shelf rust proof paint from a hardware store. These results here look great, makes me consider doing mine again.

My question is, aside from some light surface rust, has anyone actually had these parts rust? I dont see that they hold water, they are a thick guage, and I have never seen it?

Thanks

My question is, aside from some light surface rust, has anyone actually had these parts rust? I dont see that they hold water, they are a thick guage, and I have never seen it?

Thanks

I'll let you know if it ever does but the finish should last a life time.