IGNORED

Left hand drive KGC10? 2400GT?

g72s20

Absolutely amazing..........Thanks for the comprehensive reply Jorge. Details! I just love the details. What about the handbooks and such? The previous owner was in a prime position to acquire all the manuals. Did they keep the owners handbook with the car?

Absolutely amazing..........Thanks for the comprehensive reply Jorge. Details! I just love the details. What about the handbooks and such? The previous owner was in a prime position to acquire all the manuals. Did they keep the owners handbook with the car?

Hello.

Yes, I've forgotten that :)

The car has the owners handbook.

If there's interest on the members, I can scan it and post it on the forum.

Just let me know.

The manual is in English, so everyone can use it.

Regards

Jorge

I just stumbled on this thread today and after spending almost 6 years on Okinawa as a servicemember, I never once saw nor heard of a LHD C10. I owned and shipped back the C10 to the US in 1982 which met with unhappy circumstances thanks to an idiot driver. (not me :angry:)The car was repairable but I was an idiot myself for ever selling it.:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid: I still regret it to this day.

Edited by dhoneycutt

Hello.

Yes, I've forgotten that :)

The car has the owners handbook.

If there's interest on the members, I can scan it and post it on the forum.

Just let me know.

The manual is in English, so everyone can use it.

Regards

Jorge

INTEREST?!?! ...ANY INTEREST HE SAYS!! HA! LOL

Tell you what, I'll show you mine if you show us yours:laugh:

The one I have is a bit of a mystery to me.

Issued 10 December 1970

It's in English

The diagrams show a LHD Nissan 2000 GT 4door (GC10)

What market was it for??

post-6441-141508044677_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150804468112_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150804468369_thumb.jpg

post-6441-14150804468626_thumb.jpg

INTEREST?!?! ...ANY INTEREST HE SAYS!! HA! LOL

Tell you what, I'll show you mine if you show us yours:laugh:

The one I have is a bit of a mystery to me.

Issued 10 December 1970

It's in English

The diagrams show a LHD Nissan 2000 GT 4door (GC10)

What market was it for??

Hello.

It was for the European Market.

The word on the Net is that there were a total of less than 50 units, between 2000Gt and 2400Gt ever shipped to Europe.

Your manual is from one of those units I guess....

I don't know anyone who has a 2000Gt in Europe right now, only the 2400Gt.

I will post the manual friday, because right now I'am out of home on a business trip.

Regards

Jorge

Edited by 2400GT

In Portugal we have another 2400Gt, that belongs to a member ( like me ) of the Friends of Japonese Oldtimer Vintage Cars, here's the tread were the car shows up.

http://www.amigosjaponesesantigos.pt/forum/index.php?topic=5246.0

The car is black, it has a little rust and the interior is a bit tatty....:(

But it's still alive and kikking :rambo:

So here in Portugal we have 2 C-10 LHD 2400Gt Skylines LOL

Regards

Jorge

Edited by 2400GT

Hello Jorge

I am impressed how you found the car, and in what shape it is .. unbelieveble

So I hope that you have a lot of plesure of the Skiline and keep the car alive for a 100 years or so you hear me.

Thanks for your E-Mail, sorry that i am a little late with this letter but me spamfilter had blocked your adres. So please E-mail me at petry-web@hotmail.com so it dont happens again.

I have seen al your pictures from the skiline, and it gives me the tickels...

If you want to write the whole artickle on the internet and you need webspace, you can use me webspace if you want. Please send me the story and the pictures en I will put the whole story on a special page in your name offcorse on me site.

It is a offer, to make the world of a Skiline live again.

Regards Frans Petry / Deventer / Holland

Hello.

I did not restored it, there was no need for that :D

The car was found in excelente condition, everything works 100% !

The car is REALLY almost NEW, and now after the test drives I've made on it ir marks 6.850 Km's on the odometer.

I will post some detail photos that show the millage of the car is correct on another tread.

The paint is still 90% Ok, with only the engine bay in need of a re-spray, because the previous owner left the engine hood open for about 10 years, so dust in conjunction with motor oil stained the paint :mad:

The guy was a bit sloppy with the car, I will post some photos of with as I found it on his garage...The interior and engine bay was all covered with dust, the trunk compartiment was filled with toys from his kids......

Luckly nothing happend to the seats and dashboard that are in mint condition.

All I did was a good klean on car throughly inside and outside, machine polish the paint with AutoGlym High Resin Polish Wax and I did a good mechanical service on it :

New spark plugs and wires, new condenser and battery, 5 lts of Castrol GTX 15w50 and Wynn's Gold protective aditive, new DOT4 Brake fluid, complete brake and cluth overhault, complete drain on the cooling system and some more things I don't remember now.

Here's some photos of the car as I found it, and on the way to be shipped outside Madeira Island to Portugal by boat.

Regards

Jorge