IGNORED

240Z Driveshaft U-Joints

Greg

All,

Looking to replace my driveshaft u-joints preferrably with aftermarket. They are back-ordered at MSA till the 26th, which isn't that long, but would prefer to finish up the job this coming weekend...

Any ideas on other sources for Spicer u-joints for a 240Z driveshaft? Manufactures part number would be ideal as well. Are the stock u-joints just as good for a stock engine?

Thanks, Greg

I just replaced the u-joints in my driveshaft and half shafts. I did contemplate paying extra and getting the spicer ones from MSA. BUT I ended up going to Advanced Auto Parts and getting there lifetime replacement U-joints for 13 bucks each. These also came with the grease fitting. I am happy with them. I guess only time will tell if they last. The stock one's lasted 30 years.

Greg,

I have a 1984 Precision Ujoint Catalog. It lists this for the 240Z.

Main Shaft #391 Spicer Equivalent #5-1501X

Half Shafts #393 Spicer Equivalent #5-1505X.

I purchased mine (Spicer) from the local driveline shop.

Much luck,

Chris

Hello Greg

FWIW, the part number of the ones that I purchased is RUJ-1781. The universal joint is an internal circlip type, cap dimension 25mm and circlip to circlip dimension 44mm. They have a grease nipple which screws into one of the caps. They are made in Japan.

Note that the company that I purchased mine from is known as Hardy-Spicer (Im in Australia); I assume they relate to Spicer in some way.

They are to fit the driveshaft of a car with an original A type 5 speed transmission as standard, ie driveshaft is flanged at both ends.

Regards

Joseph