IGNORED

OT-810 2 door on Ebay

sblake01

Too bad its so far away. If it were within 500 miles I'd be all over it. Its ironic as I'm looking for a different daily driver and that would be perfect. I sure miss the 810 I used to have. Great car and quick too. Swap out the injection for some Z Therapy SU's and headers, that car would be sweet.

Chris

Damnit Stephen now I have another auction to watch over :-)

I was just talking about that car with a friend and we were plotting how to install a pedal set from an S30 and then there are the mandatory Enkei 92's that are sitting in the attic looking for a car to get them rolling again. You know a set of triples would look good under the hood as well. Pa. isn't too far away....

hehe, it looks odd to me with a big 6-cyl under the bonnet. Definitely Americanized at the front! Does yours look like a Buick at the front too Stephen???? I prefer the 200B front treatment.

(looks WAY better in your colour :classic:)

BTW I got bored and did a Torino job on your car :surprised I think it looks good.

post-1243-14150794350383_thumb.jpg

Mine has that same front as did all the 79 810s. This one appears to be missing some of the emblems and doesn't have the factory option right side power mirror. Those Maxima wheels would have to go! That 'Torino' roof makes the roof look to long imo. Here's a couple of more up to date pictures of mine showing the correct wheels and the front.

post-3797-1415079435059_thumb.jpg

post-3797-14150794350996_thumb.jpg

In 1981 they started calling them Nissan Maximas or Maxima/810.

That would be 1980. The last production date for the 810 was 9/79. The 910 (Maxima) also began production that same month. The last few 810's (7/79-9/79) were called 1980 although there was no difference between it and the 1979. The first 910's (also 1980) were called 810(!) although they were the 4 door square bodied car. In 1981 they had all four names on them. (Nissan/Datsun 810/Maxima). There are two 1980 Datsun full model line brochures. One showing the early 810 and another showing the later 810 (Maxima).

Stephen,

I don't know if you noticed the VIN# or not but, it is xxxx249 and I was wondering what your production date was. I don't imagine that they were making a bunch of these and based on that hunch I guess the production date might be a few months off of yours?

My cars production date is 10/78. His car is titled as a 78 but it has to be a 79 since these cars (2dr) were only built for the 79 model year with a few stragglers carrying over into the first two months of the 1980 model year. I would imagine his production date would be in 7/78.