IGNORED

OT-810 2 door on Ebay

sblake01

Oh, a collaboration! The 79 manual does show up occaisionally on ebay. That's how I got mine. I have seen a few 810s in the junkyards out here but only a couple of 2drs. Maybe I could find that pedal set. Everything else should be easy-clutch parts, flywheel. etc. Although it has been said the the 810/Maxima flywheel is lighter, the Z flywheel will work and shouldn't make any real noticeable difference. What other parts do you need?

Stephen,

If you could help with pedal set that would be awesome! I have plans to install a set of 14x7 and 14x8 Enkei 92's with a black center to freshen the appearance. We have some minor rust spots to take care of. Amazingly the undercarriage is in very nice condition and it looks as though it hasn't been undercoated? There is a new center console over at oem-surplus for a manual 810 coupe that we need to snatch up as well.

Thanks for the offer to help find a pedal set.

Congrats Joe (240ztt)! I see that you have won it. Keep us posted on your progress. Not a bad price either! Now, there are two here.

Thanks Stephen! Rob and I will enjoy fixing her up, we are thinking of a possible vanity plate here are some ideas to name a few:

• Z INSIDE
  • ZNHIDIN
  • Z COUPE
  • Z SEDAN
  • 79 810
  • ZLEEPER
  • 79 KHLG

Oh, a collaboration! What other parts do you need?

Thanks again Stephen, I'm catching up on this thread and chiming in behind the curve so bare with me.

Our Plan of Attack:

• Full Detail to include: Exterior, Interior, Under Carriage, and Engine Bay
  • Oil Change
  • Tune Up
  • Coolant Flush
  • Repair leaky o-ring on #1/#2 injectors
  • Whatever else we find along the way :classic:

Future Plans:

• 5- Speed Conversion
  • L28 bottom end
  • Header
  • 2 1/2" exhaust
  • 280ZX Suspension Parts Swap: Quickor Springs, and Bilstein Struts/Shocks (Rob has on hand)
  • Body Work and Paint

I have an extra 810 manual trans pedal assembly taken from a parts car I had last year. I pm'd daddz about it. Your plans sound like your car will be more high performance than mine. Can't wait to see the progress. Were you able to verify the mileage? Mine only had 79000 on it verified with docemented service records. My vanity plate reads 'heart of a Z' with the heart symbol in place of the word heart. It's in my gallery. What's a Shiro?

I have an extra 810 manual trans pedal assembly taken from a parts car I had last year. I pm'd daddz about it. Your plans sound like your car will be more high performance than mine. Can't wait to see the progress. Were you able to verify the mileage? Mine only had 79000 on it verified with docemented service records. My vanity plate reads 'heart of a Z' with the heart symbol in place of the word heart. It's in my gallery. What's a Shiro?

Stephen,

Sweet, I will let him know first thing this morning, I'm sure whatever your asking we'll take it. Unfortunately, the only documentation we got on it, was the owners manual with nothing written in it. The car lot where we bought it from got it from an auction a year ago, and has been in their possession until selling it to us. Only 400 miles was put on it within the year too. We were told that it came from Arizona but are not sure if that's an accurate statement. I think with the condition of the car, and after cleaning the engine bay last night the mileage is correct. I did take a look at your photo gallery and l do like your 810 and your vanity plate. I wonder if we can still get the Datsun 810 side emblems from Nissan as ours is missing from both sides?

This is my Shiro 1988 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 1 of a 1000 made. Read more about it here:http://zhome.com/History/SSZ.htm

Here is somemore pics of it on my site:http://240ztt.com/300zxss.html

shirosummitpoint-3.JPG

I wonder if we can still get the Datsun 810 side emblems from Nissan as ours is missing from both sides?

I doubt if you can still get those from Nissan. The part number is 78894-W0530. They also used 77795-U8700 but the two look identical to me. If not, I'll toss a couple in the box with the pedal assy if you decide to buy it from me. They're not perfect, no mounting tabs, but they look presentable. That Shiro is a cool car. A rather low production rare find. I was unaware of their existence.

I doubt if you can still get those from Nissan.

Good news from my new friend at:http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=78894-W0530&submit.x=12&submit.y=8 and http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=77795-U8700+&submit.x=10&submit.y=6 according to them they have both on hand.

What manual do you suggest we purchase i.e. Nissan, Clymer, Haynes, Chilton? I would actually want something like a Nissan manual to reference part numbers in purchasing odd ball items as this. Thanks for the part number reference.

I need to update my signature and add the vins as you and Rob have, plus I have a new addition to my minuscule fleet an 03 Honda Insight, my wife's new commuting car, as she commutes nearly 100 miles a day. :o

I'll send you a parts list when I send the pedal assy. Check periodically on eBay for the Nissan 79 810 FSM as they do come up now and then, like I said, that's how I found mine. They are usually reasonable since they're not as popular as the Z FSM.

I have just sent you a PM with the address. As I stated this really helps get the project jumpstarted. I also wanted to know if a 280ZX aftermarket spring and shock setup would work. I have a set of Quickor springs from an '81 280ZX and a set of Bilsteins from the same car. Any thoughts on this?

I'm not really certain about the interchangability of 280ZX suspension parts on an 810. I haven't had a chance to look in to that yet. The are part numbers for the suspension in the parts list I'm sending to you if that will help.

On the topic of OT ebay auctions of late 70's dats - here's the one I'd snap up if I were the area:

'78 200SX on eBay

Looks to be in great condition, so far the price is low and yeah it's a strange Dat but that's what makes it so cool! Fairly rare too I believe for the first few years anyway.

But anyway, back on topic (of this OT thread), cool buy daddz and tt - keep us updated ifi possible. Probably most users would prefer you keep it in this thread of course.

mpsig.jpg