IGNORED

OT-810 2 door on Ebay

sblake01

So this is the car that comes with the LD28 although it was probably more the 910 than 810 am I correct?

I was always wondering what they looked like :)

Yes Gavin, the 910/Maxima had the diesel. The 810 in the US never did. Maybe other countries but I'm not sure on that. My 79 810 was a great car. L24 injected, five speed, cruise, power windows, power mirrors, velour interior, rear defroster, a/c. It was a plush version of a Z (kinda).

FWIW,

Chris

So this is the car that comes with the LD28 although it was probably more the 910 than 810 am I correct?

I was always wondering what they looked like :)

Right...mostly. The '81-'84 Maxima is what the LD28 was in. I just went back through some of my notes to find this info. I could swear that some of the late 810s came with the LD28 but I must have been mistaken.

Not anymore muhahahaha :devious: :devious: :devious:

Good luck. I hope you get it. That car will grow on you. I originally purchased mine to be a daily driver. Next thing I knew, I was parts hunting (that's a challenge) doing body work, paint, etc.

Stephen,

To update you the car is now back in Hughesville, Md. after a nice and pleasant drive home from just outside of Philadelphia. It is an August of 1978 production date. The spark plug wires were bought from a Nissan dealer as they are Sumitomo dated 1986! It will be receiving many hours of cleanup and minor maintenance to get it fit for the road. There is a sticker in the door which indicates the last oil change about 10k ago and roughly 2 years. The car has a few rust spots from living in the northeast; we were told the car originally came from Arizona and that might explain how it has managed to survive this long. The original spare is still in the trunk and looks as though it has never been on the ground. The chrome is in pretty good shape as well.

Hope to have some pictures up pretty soon. Now, to find those parts? :D

Stephen,

240ztt and I are good friends; we hope to get another friend (Datsunlvrs) to come over and help get this old girl in shape. 240ztt and I went in together on this car and you'll probably see Joe help me with posting the pics.

The trouble is finding parts and a factory service manual at the moment. There is a '78 810 manual on ebay at the moment but, it won't have the coupe mentioned in the book. I will have to say that the car is very comfortable to drive (even in its current state) and with the automatic it makes the L24 spin a bit more than I am used to.

The plan is to convert the car to a manual at some point so finding a pedal set will be difficult. I have been told that an S30 pedal set will not work?