IGNORED

KGC10-R Pics

g72s20

Jim,

Did you buy that car of Ron? I have sat in that car many times and drooled over it at the NDSOC meetings aswell. It is a fukn awesome car. I hope you enjoy your time with her and take good care of her. If I had the money, I would have bought it a few months ago.

For those who dont know, the engine is an L28 that has been built by Kakimoto Racing in Japan. Cant remember what the power output is on it, but she goes pretty hard.

Jim,

Did you buy that car of Ron? I have sat in that car many times and drooled over it at the NDSOC meetings aswell. It is a fukn awesome car. I hope you enjoy your time with her and take good care of her. If I had the money, I would have bought it a few months ago.

For those who dont know, the engine is an L28 that has been built by Kakimoto Racing in Japan. Cant remember what the power output is on it, but she goes pretty hard.

G'day Hayden,

Yes mate, I was lucky enough to buy it from Ron, he does present a great car! So it was You was it? I'll throw a towel at you if I see you near the car again :P

Cheers ,

Jim.

Hi Craig, I think the four door you saw was a red '66 Nissan Prince S54BE-III, i did see that but could find no C10, see if you can find the ad again?

Yeah Probably was a prince skyline, come to think of it. Think it was on the same page as a 240z.

My work brings me into regular contact with SBS TV people so I'm gonna do a bit of quizzing about that movie. Can you add anything like approx airing date time etc? You never know, I might be able to get us a copy!!

Dunno, was a month or two ago, on a weeknight. Sorry I cant be of more help. The last scene of the movie is the 2 door C10 driving around a train station parking lot, and picking up a girl that was waiting for the guy, I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Jim,

Sorry aboutgetting to this thread quite late in the game. Just thought you might like to see a few pics of my friend's old Skyline which he brought back to the U.S. after a tour in Japan:

http://www.240ztt.com/skyline.html

his main page is here:

http://www.240ztt.com/nissan.html

MrCamouflage,

Let us know if you ever catch the title to that movie. Sounds like fun.

Jim,

Sorry aboutgetting to this thread quite late in the game. Just thought you might like to see a few pics of my friend's old Skyline which he brought back to the U.S. after a tour in Japan:

http://www.240ztt.com/skyline.html

his main page is here:

http://www.240ztt.com/nissan.html

Thanks for the hookup Rob, I sure wish I didn't sell it. Anybody overseas that can get your hands on a clean GC10 2 door for me let me know. They are EPA and DOT exempt thats how I got my '71 in here.

Thanks for the photos and link Rob, Joes' little write up on the C10 made excellent reading. I've now been made aware of 4~5 older Skylines..say pre 1979, landed in the 'States by Servicemen returning from Japan. I think they've all had the L28 with triple twin choke sidedraughts, sweet exhaust note and as Joe says a high head turning factor!

There was one for sale (in Florida think?) on Ebay a few months back. Blue C210 two door ~1978? with all the nice bits. Same story...Serviceman brought it back from Japan, keep looking Joe, you never know what you may find.

Elsewhere on the 'net there is a guy in th U.S.(ex-Serviceman) with a white 1972 two door, he was advertising the fact the car was available for displays, shows, openings etc. Whatever the site was that I found him on, he had a friend with a four door c10. :( I looked for some time to find it again... no go , sorry.

Hey, I did find a Z related pic with a skyline connection...wanna see it?

Cheers fella's

Jim.

post-6441-14150794353347_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...