IGNORED

JGTC Racing

Zrush

Yes perhaps, Vicky. Check this JGTC link http://www.jgtcusa.net/jgtc_origins.html

The California event was more of a demonstration of how much fun they are having over in Japan. The top 25 cars from the series were invited as well as some American entrants. The race was 200km? I think and this car won in the GT 500 class. It is a Type Z33, 3 liter, twin turbo DOHC 24 valve developing 465+ HP at 5600 rpm (ie. "rocket ship"). Toshihiro Kaneishi and Erik Comas drove the car. The Xanavi Fairlady Z won the championship in the GT 500 class. I love that picture with Ron Carter's car; "A pair of champions"!

post-4148-14150794614283_thumb.jpg

OK, I'm sorry. I guess I should have said "Did the Z win". Geez :stupid:

Vicky

P.S. jmark, your freshly painted Z looks fantastic :love:

I knew what you meant. :) As far as the paint job goes "Thank you". Means a lot coming from someone with a beautiful Z car.

Guess "the teacher" is gonna flunk somebody (again). :stupid:

Who's "the teacher" then Carl? :rolleyes:

Vicky, you're taking my comment completely the wrong way. If you really think I'm trying to score points off somebody then you must think I'm really sad. All I'm interested in is getting this stuff straight. It might be a small point to you, but calling the JGTC race Z cars "350Z"s is starting off on just the same wrong foot as calling all first generation Z cars "240Z"s. Why not nip it in the bud? These are JGTC race cars for Christ's sake! They came over to the USA to show you what they have been getting up to over there in Japan for the last few years. Can't we at least do them the honour of realising that Japan has some homologation specials that the rest of the world does not?

Geez. :stupid:

Who's "the teacher" then Carl? :rolleyes:

Nope, not me.

But when the teacher keeps insisting on correcting EVERYBODY at EVERY TURN, when virtually everybody understood which car was being referenced; well it diminishs the light in which that "knowledgable professor" is looked upon. People do come here for more reason than to be corrected at every turn.

That being said, I seriously doubt Vicky meant any disrespect to the designers and builders of the JGTC racers.

Just like when people call cetain cars FACTORY RESTORED. Ooohh, I'm in trouble now. How many times do I have to write "They are NOT Factory Restored, they are Vintage Z Cars" on the blackboard? :bandit: :lick:

Whoa, whoa, whoa there Alan. I did not in any way mistake your comment. I WAS wrong in calling the car a "350Z". My error. The icon of the club over the head is for me. Thank you for setting me straight :classic:

Did I say you were trying to score points off of someone????? Now that confuses me :D

Vicky