IGNORED

Fuel/Brake Line Cleaning - Photos

drunkenmaster

The benefit of hindsight and all that. :lick:

There are some solvents you can use to flush out the fuel lines that won't damage new paint. I use what is known over here as 'white spirit', a general paint thinner, this doesn't affect the paint once it ( the paint) has hardened.

Wasn't trying to poke fun at you, but paint/powdercoating/finish is *almost always* the last step. Painting the lines isn't that difficult, or expensive to do; so if you can't get them clean without damaging the paint, just bite the bullet, clean properly and repaint.

You won't be the first to end up doing that. (pointing to self)

Not difficult, but just fiddly especially if you dont have a car pit to work in.

Luckily I have my Kwiklift that makes this a whole lot easier. I wouldn't dream of doing it any other way after buying this. If your intrested you can see it on my cardomain site in my link below.

You could just take out the long brake line on its own and leave the fuel lines in, but you still need to undo the clamps for the fuel lines anyway. Do your fuel lines not need any work, or have you already done them?

Tell you the truth I hadn't really looked at the fuel lines so much yet. This will give me a good chance to see them and the condition. I know some of the ones in the rear that attach to the fuel filter were redone by a PO but not sure about the others.

Thanks for the help.

SuDZ

Wasn't trying to poke fun at you, but paint/powdercoating/finish is *almost always* the last step. Painting the lines isn't that difficult, or expensive to do; so if you can't get them clean without damaging the paint, just bite the bullet, clean properly and repaint.

You won't be the first to end up doing that. (pointing to self)

No problems, at the conclusion of every step in this car i kick myself with "Now i know I should have done it that way".

I will have to look at it on the weekend, I would like to buy a compressor but i dont hink i will use it often enough.

They are a bit bulky to bring down to the local service station to use the tyre pump too...

No problems, at the conclusion of every step in this car i kick myself with "Now i know I should have done it that way".

My father told me that is part of the fun of a rebuild/resto the other day. I told him he was just a liar hehe.

SuDZ