IGNORED

Headlight wiring

CrashNBurn

Any takers,

$44.95 + S/H for a harness that will reduce the draw on your fuse box by as much as 90%

This will also drasticly reduce the wear and tear of electricity that normally burns or ruins your headlight and turn sinal switches, which will cost you big bucks in the end (IF you can even find the one your looking for)

The new harness that I'm making only requires a maximum of 2 amps to operate the head lights, the run of new 12 gauge wire that powers the headlights, is as much as 60% shorter than the stock route that runs through relays, switches and the fuse box. Not to mention the umpteen yards of 35 year old wire in your Z .

1) $44.95 for a complete harness, 2 relays, and O.E.M. plugs that intergrate directly into your 70-73 240Z.

2) No drilling, No cutting the stock headlight wiring harness, No more melted headlight fuses or fuse holders in the fusebox.

3)It's as much as $150.00 for a new fuse box (IF you can find one)

4) How much will it cost to fix the damage that a melted wire did to your Z.

5) how much is it to replace your Z if it catches on fire.

Dave in Marysville, Washington. 98270

wolfin32z@yahoo.com

Let me know if your interested.

• 1 month later...

• 8 months later...

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10305

When I did my conversion I wasn't aware of anyone who had made a harness already otherwise I would have gone that route. I will tell you that I measured the voltage across my headlights before and after and saw an increase of 1.5 V. I forget exactly what the values were, and since it was November in Colorado it was pretty cold so the battery voltage was lower than usual as well. But the point is that just changing the wiring in my case resulted in nearly a 35% increase in POWER for the lights. Even if I hadn't changed to H4s things would have been much brighter.

I highly recommend upgrading your wiring for anyone with a 73 or older Z.

this is an update!!!

I still have the harness for the 240Z for sale, so if your interested in upgrading your headlghts in your 240 or if you want to get FULL power to the stock headlights, this is the only way to go.

wolfin32z@yahoo.com they are still $45.00 + $8.00 S/H = $53.00

Dave.

I am interested!!! How do you accept payment?

this is an update!!!

I still have the harness for the 240Z for sale, so if your interested in upgrading your headlghts in your 240 or if you want to get FULL power to the stock headlights, this is the only way to go.

wolfin32z@yahoo.com they are still $45.00 + $8.00 S/H = $53.00

Dave.

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE NOT USED THIS UP GRADE , BY ALL MEANS GET ONE . WITH OUT A DOUBT THIS IS A VARY WELL MADE UP GRADE THAT HE HAS MADE. I INSTALLD ON ON MY '73 AND ESCANLON HAS ON HIS '71 AND THE DIFFERENCE IS REMARKABLE . IT WAS A DIRECT PLUG IN . I HAVE INSTALLED H-4 LIGHTS AND ALL OF THE DASH AND TAIL LIGHTS ARE ALSO AT LEAST 40% BRIGHTER. WELL WOURTH THE $53.00 GARY

Gary, all,

That price is from last November. I PM'd Dave last week and he is gathering parts for a new batch, still 240Z only. The price is now $83 to your door. Prox, please let us know how that VB harness works for ya.