IGNORED

Just bought a factory restored 72 240Z!

gruvyz

i saw a factorty zed on sunday at a zed fest near toronto. the guy bought it at an auction in arizona. ( didn't tell what he paid) it was a 70 all original except paint. the engine bay paint was original.had 16,000 miles when restored and now has 29,000. it was by far the best 240 there.the only thing that didn't look right was the backtail panel.it was flat black ,but shouldn't it be kinda grey black.i've seen discussions on her about how to get the correct color. you'd think the factory restored ones would have the correct color wouldn't you?

Any pictures of this Factory 240Z from the car show?

Thats it, Z Farm. I knew I typed something wrong. Thanks for the pics Alan. They look great. As regards to the Yellow UK Z, it is the same as the ones here, but it doesn't have the label and it wasn't sold to the public. I think it looks excellent though. I love the wheels and spoiler. I wish the US-spec cars had those spoilers. Did they get them in the Europe for autobaun driving? hehehe, prolly not. That would be cool though.

Ben

yea i got pixs but i used a disposeable camera. it'll take time to get them on my computer and learn how to post them. have patients. i was looking forward to seeing u and your z there.only one orange z and it was a 260. also thought i'd see mitymini from richmond hills.he had two zed cars for sale on ebay recently that didn't reach the reserve.

• 2 weeks later...
You can't use Bristol as an example!!!! Nice try. :knockedou But not the same situation.

I'm still waiting for your answer.

Why don't Bristol Cars Ltd's activities qualify as a precedent to the NMC USA "Vintage Z Pre-Owned Vehicle" program? Just how was the NMC USA project a "World First"?

Maybe if Bristol dreamed up the exercise as a marketing ploy, and then contracted private restoration companies to carry out the work for them, it might qualify? But no, they did it all in house ( and out of your line of sight ) so it does not count.

So come on, if you know why - why not tell me? Just why can I not use Bristol as an example?

Alan,

Glad to see that you are still carrying the torch for purity. This may become a somewhat noble undertaking as I can't recall when I last saw a truly original S30 in all of its glory. Welcome to the American landscape where generalities serve up big profits for overwieght shareholders.

The NMC cars do deserve a special recognition however, when the factory has to go out and by someone's reproduction "OK" stickers in order to pass it off as "factory restored" we should have a closer look. This behavior is not unexpected from a company such as Nissan and given the history probably to be repeated. We as car enthusiasts are damned lucky the S30 car was ever produced in the first place.

My intention is not to "slam" Nissan and in fact if Nissan were to begin production of S30's again today, I would be out to sell the 350Z tomorrow.

As a final question:

Which would carry more value: a(n) NMC Vintage Z restoration or an all original unrestored historically correct S30?

The NMC cars do deserve a special recognition however, when the factory has to go out and by someone's reproduction "OK" stickers in order to pass it off as "factory restored" we should have a closer look. This behavior is not unexpected from a company such as Nissan and given the history probably to be repeated.

Whats the problem with this. It would have been very un-economical for Nissan to have to re-tool for the parts that they needed like this to complete the cars, and they would have lost even more money than they did on the program! ;>

At least they went out and put details like these on the cars. If they had not, we would have all been sitting here winging on how the factory program cars lacked any detail.

Regards

Joseph