IGNORED

This Z was stored in a chicken coop since 1987

Thanks Gavin,that only makes sense,different strokes for different folks.I like the LS1 power and you guys like factory power.I like speed and you guys like to look good.The only thing we all have in common is that we all like the same Car.....isnt that the purpose of the site???

now now this is silly just because 1 person on Hybrid Z said he dares you to post on here doesn't mean they are all criminals. There no point getting worked up over this kind of thing we have 2 sites because different things float our boats :).

I ended the auction because I decided to put the interior back in the car and sell it complete.It's better if the car is all complete and origonal...I'm sure you understand.

I went to the e-bay link and noticed that the interior parts were withdrawn from auction.

Ok guys....You guys ragged on me for wanting to convert my 240Z to a V8 so here it is on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486548444&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

You all asked me to sell it....so here is your change.IT"S FOR SALE!

I have looked at 3 different 240Z's this week and were all garbage.They were ranging in price from $2800 to $3800 with lots of rust.

If it doesnt sell for what I feel is a decent price for the condition.......I"M USING IT AND DROPPING A LS1 IN IT ASAP!

So you're going to sell the car complete? I think that's a wise decision. Thankyou!!!

The only thing we all have in common is that we all like the same Car.....isnt that the purpose of the site???

No, we all like the S30 bodyshape. I don't think that defines a "car", though. Our website's definition is more distinct. That is, a "car" is composed of all parts - body, interior, engine... Our site is for Classic Z car owners. That is, owners of S30's that strive for that 'classic' look, feel and - most important of all - drive. I hope you understand. By no means are you not welcome here! We have quite a few V8Z members. Just, they keep the V8 business to forums dedicated to it. Classic S30 bodywork, classic S30 interior and classic S30 mechanics are our focus.

Oh yeah, and 240K's too. :PROFL

Hey there, I had my Mustache bar custom made.There is only one like it.You can buy a billet one from www.arizonazcar.com but is only 1/2 inch, it should hold up for you.Mine is 3/4 inch....You must have alot of power to be breaking those bars.They are made a spring steel and pretty strong.I could understand if your running a V8...Are you?

I could hook you up with the guy who built mine if interested.He does exelent work and does nothing half arse...ever.It's not cheap...but not to expensive.The one you see in the picture is still not finished.It's getting anidized then the edges are getting chanfered for sweet look.

DSC00968.sized.jpg

hey ls1240z,

where'd you get that moustache bar?? i keep breaking the stock ones.

Ok guys....You guys ragged on me for wanting to convert my 240Z to a V8 so here it is on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486548444&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

You all asked me to sell it....so here is your change.IT"S FOR SALE!

I have looked at 3 different 240Z's this week and were all garbage.They were ranging in price from $2800 to $3800 with lots of rust.

If it doesnt sell for what I feel is a decent price for the condition.......I"M USING IT AND DROPPING A LS1 IN IT ASAP!

1. Have you looked at this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2486140779

2. Just to make it clear to all, many folks on HybridZ also suggested that you sell this car and build a different one. It's not like we are the only ones who thought you were making a mistake in rushing to kill this car.

3. Why are you in such a hurry to find an excuse to kill this car?

1.Yeh,I did look at that auction...I spoke with the owner on the phone and he told me there is no rust...All 240Z have rust.He said there was a minor accident in the front too.In the auction it says there is a brand new motor but it has a stuck valve....sounds a little funny to me.I'll pass.

2.There are guys on the hybrid board that are telling me to sell it but arnt rude like alot of the guys on this board...insulting me and calling me names..That's B.S.

3.I'm in a hurry to build this car because I am motivated to built this car.I have the motor,tranny,motor mounts already made and everything else to build it.I want a nice 240Z with a LS1/T56 combo.I see all these fools on the streets with there Honda and corvette's showing off and think they are so cool.I just want that car done so I can go find them and just smoooooke them.That's what I'm about.That's what keeps me going.

I might be still using this car for my convertion if I dont get what I want.I'm not going to sell this car for $3500 or $4000 then go buy a piece of crap for the $1500 or $2500 then put $3500 into it with body work and paint.You got to do the math.

It's just not worth it.

1. Have you looked at this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2486140779

2. Just to make it clear to all, many folks on HybridZ also suggested that you sell this car and build a different one. It's not like we are the only ones who thought you were making a mistake in rushing to kill this car.

3. Why are you in such a hurry to find an excuse to kill this car?

What do you care about the motor? Pull it and sell/give it away, you've got the motor that you want waiting to pop into it.

With all of the "chop, cut, and rebuild" you have planned. whats a little bodywork? From the pic, it looks like a fender replacement would fix it. An hour's drive to inspect it personally would seem to be worth the effort to someone who is really interested in finding a car. You drove that far to find this one in Petaluma.

Don't expect to get $7K for a car that hasn't run in 14 1/2 years ("will run after a change of fluids", how do you know? it could have stuck valves, too, or worse) , has had its rear brakes destroyed, interior stripped and then "mostly" put back. All of this impacts the value.

As for the rudeness you have encountered, maybe it has something to do with the dare that you accepted when you showed up here. The attitude you showed in your first post has colored the opinion some people have of you. You had the balls to post a link to the HybridZ "Dare" thread, so most of us know the agenda you had when you showed up here. Then, when you got called on the "dare", you deleted the link, but we aren't stupid, the link was saved and has been passed around to those who are interested.

Yair Carl,

Maybe I over reacted a bit but I make no apologies.

Had he started the thread "honestly", asking advice/comments/suggestions the replies would have been far, far friendlier. It was the dare that did it.

The worst of the matter is that it caused disharmony on this site and, as I was an offender, for THAT I humbly apologise.

Rick.

:cry::cry::cry: