IGNORED

This Z was stored in a chicken coop since 1987

What confuses me is how upset you are because I posted on this site.There is no need for you to get so pissed off over nothing.I'm not starting drama or a war between sites either.The only reason you probably don't like V8Z's is because you don't own one.I have driven a straight 6 before and my honda accord was faster.When I dropped a LS1 in my other 71 I was smoken everything from vipers to Z06's, a few street bikes and a ton of other cars that I lost track of.Sorry guys,I'm not tryen to make anybody mad at all but since I'm on the subject... I'm not planning on restoring my car to stock like most guys on this site.I plan on customizing my car to a whole other level.I am far from keeping my car stock.I have alot of 1 off pieces for my car like billet mustache bar and billet control arm mounts and custom R230 diff mount with CV shafts and billet cv adapters.I don't want to hack this car up.I would like to avoid it if I can find another donor maybe.Here are some other picture of my current 240Z with LS1/T56 conversion.You guys are probably wondering why I don't just use this body that I have to finish my project.....well,it's a long story but to make it short and sweet....The cage I had welded up by someone didn't make it to well to fit me,I'm 6.4 and back of my head hit's the roll bar with out a helmet on.I also wanted to put 275's on the 240 and thought the only way was to get the rear flared out.So I paid $2500 to Norm Archer metal shaping to do the job.I really didn't want to flare it out but thought I had no choice,I get no traction 1,2,3 gears ...I wanted to keep the stock body lines and now they were gone and the car was in a minor accident but was fixed before I got it.It really bothers me knowing that,so there you have it.This is not going to be a floor sweep V8 convertion.This car is going to be one of the badest LS1 V8 convertions around.I am in a frendly competition with my cousin from www.darius240z.com

and just want to spank his so bad.He has been talk smack for the longest time and when I'm finish him...I will claim the thrown for the fastest street 240Z in the SF Bay LOL

normal_new%20Pictures%20028.jpg

normal_new%20Pictures%20029.jpg

normal_new%20Pictures%20029.jpg;

Differential_Mount_2.sized.jpg

DSC00969.sized.jpg

This is the new front mount I had made.Bolts right up with no binding up at all.

DSC00976.sized.jpg

john_015.sized.jpg

CV_Adapter_Op_1.sized.jpg

I really don't know what to say about hybridz. I think any engine swap with one of these cars is just wrong, unless it is another Nissan straight 6. Take a car like this one that was found which is a great car and has great history, drop a v8 in it, there goes that history. Don't get me wrong, people should do whatever they desire with these cars. I may not agree with it, but it is not my car. LS1240z, you knew this would offend people on this site, why did you do it? It offends me, but hay, it's your car man.

There are the purists, the hybridzers, and people in between on this forum, but we don't post things to make any group upset. I don't like v8z's, but I usually don't say anything because one, I don't want to offend the owners, and two, it is only my opinion. However when you go posting $h!t like this to make people "flame", it just bugs me.

Please save this car. Some members of the hybridz forum may not care, but there are fewer and fewer Zcars everyday, due to rust, wrecks, and sorry, V8's and other swaps. We are all Z enthusiasts, and there is nothing wrong with customization, but keep the ones that are not tainted that way and the already customized ones that way. Save the history people. Someone mentioned that 73' was not a classic. I beg to differ because the 70-72 may arguably be the most desirable, all the S30's are classics.

I can only dream my car was in this nice of original shape when purchased. My car was a rust bucket. Check my gallery. If this car was not as prestine as it is, I wouldn't be making a fuss publicly.

***Please LS1240z, make some money and sell this to a classiczcar.com member or someone that is going to restore her to her former glory, and buy a different car for your fantasy Z.***

Ben :cry:

P.S. As regards to what someone said on hybridz.com; I have never seen a v8z go for more than a nice original.

P.P.S. You won, I flamed, but I only did it because this car should be spared. There is no doubt that it is a great find, but let it go or keep it and restore her and get a rolling shell for the LS1.

That was somewhat inflamatory, Vicky, but I love it! :devious:

Sorry Stephen, I didn't mean to come across that way. I was just agreeing with what 2ManyZs said about jumping boards via a "dare".

Good luck with your project ls1240z. What type of wheels are those on that blue Z? Those look great!

Vicky

ls1240z:

I think your best bet would be to put that car back together or even leave the interior out but sell it with the car, to let people view just how clean and rust free it is, and sell it as it stands.. make a very nice profit considering the purchase price and in turn use that money to buy a somewhat less clean Z for your V8 project.

I almost guarantee you that if you start changing it over, the very moment you start someone will say "Oh, I would have given you 'X' amount of dollars for that Z as it was."

It would simply be a shame to at least not explore the option of selling it as it is, if you get no bites and no-one is keen then go for it, all you've lost is a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck.

Sorry Stephen, I didn't mean to come across that way. I was just agreeing with what 2ManyZs said about jumping boards via a "dare".

Vicky

I know, Vicky. I was just to add a bit of humor to a thread that has already gotten a bit too serious. ls1240z asked for opinions and he got them! He needn't be upset, confused, surprised, etc. at the responses. Ultimately, it is his car and he can do what he wishes with it and what we have to say about it is of little consequence. I am sure that he must of expected something like this or what would be the point of the 'dare?'

My friend, anyone who truly loves the Zed car, be it a 240, 260 or 280, would never, ever take a gas axe to a classic in such pristine condition.

Such cars are as rare as hen's teeth down here, due to so many falling victim to the customiser, neglect, rust and accidents.

To customise a totally original, matching numbers car is nothing short of criminal.

Please, at least consider selling the car to someone who appreciates a true classic and will keep it for people to admire in the future.

Rick.

ls1240z,

Seriously, I do believe that you should end all the auctions put the interior back in the car and sell the whole thing as it sits. I suspect that it doesn't run since it sat for so long but that's minor work for a car in this condition. I have mixed feelings about moding these cars...on the one hand it is your car and you should enjoy it, but on the other hand they are more valuable as a classic (a classic is stock). I have a couple Zs at the moment and the one I'm keeping I'm customizing but it has already been hacked, the other was near stock when I got it and has been returned to stock and is about to be sold. My vote for you is to replace the interior sell it, make a huge profit and get one that has already been molested for you V8 swap. You will be better off financially and you will make a Z collector out there very happy in the process...it's win-win.

As for the war of the forums...it really did appear as though you may have come here to antagonize this group. It is a well known fact that this site is geared towards the stock, or mostly stock Z cars whereas hybridz is geared towards the major modifications. If someone went to hybirdz looking for help on a bone stock Z they will flat out tell you to leave and come to this site (it's been said to me so I know). Each of these sites has their target audience and both are necessary to have available, I personally frequent both sites but am really only active on this one because of my interests. You have got to very different opinions from each site, hybridz most say hack it because this is what that audience does, this site says keep it stock because that is what this group does. In the end it really is you choice and your choice only. But please make sure you think it through from ALL angles before making a decision.

Best of luck to you in your projects!! These cars are a load of fun!

Oh hey, I too want to know what those wheels are on the blue car? I really like them!! Do you have a better pic of them?

You're an idiot. That's all I can say.

I have spent 3 years looking for a car in that condition to keep as is. I am thrilled that you got such a great deal on it but please don't hack it.

As far as your statement about the straight six being slower than an Accord...So. I think you've lost the plot of Z ownership and all your Z's should be siezed, and you should be flogged.

What confuses me is how upset you are because I posted on this site.There is no need for you to get so pissed off over nothing.I'm not starting drama or a war between sites either.The only reason you probably don't like V8Z's is because you don't own one..................I don't want to hack this car up.I would like to avoid it if I can find another donor maybe..

People get upset when someone posts to another site on a dare to see if a flame war can be started. (most of us bothered to read the thread on HybridZ and are aware of the dare you accepted).

I don't own a V8 Z, but I wouldn't mind having one in addtion to my stock Z, they are a lot of fun to drive (I have driven one). I have nothing against a V8 conversion, but the car you found is too valuable as an original to do this. Financially, and Historically. ANY lesser Z would be a wiser choice.

As for you not wanting to hack up the car, You've already started by gutting the interior and putting it up for sale, so don't go blowing "sunshine" up our asses. What do you mean "IF you can find another donor"? There are donor Z's all over the Bay Area. Sell this one for a huge profit and you can afford a donor car and a pile of parts.