IGNORED

27th z!!!

zhead240

i thought her majesty the 26th-Z might be interested in meeting her sister the 27th-Z for sale on e-bay. just listed hours ago for $500 now.i would hyper link if i knew how.maybe someone else could do it for me. thankyou very much.in dover delaware not far from you is it 26th-Z?

yea, if there were any things good about the car you'd post pictures of it if your trying to sell it for the most money.for example interior, engine bay ect.. this guy only post 2 pics of the exterior and poor ones at that.

:eek:

The trouble with finding such a relative is discovering what happened to her – and disappointed I am!! Looks like my twin sister has been dancing in topless bars and snorting crack!! And with all that rust, we could easily say she has been driven hard and put to bed wet!!

Some interesting things to mention about her, though. According to the add:

She was 907 green with a butterscotch interior – like 26 – meaning they made two identical cars in a row?

The rear hatch glass is clear – like 26 – no demisters on the very early cars.

She is date stamped 9 / 69 (quite early) and 26 is date stamped 11 / 69 which might lend credence to Alan’s assertion that the date stamps were applied on the docks. OR HLS30-00026 was pulled out of line for misbehavior and completed later. (She has a relatively high engine number – 2338).

And my comments on the value of restoring a car like this. I have been watching prices of unique examples soar during the last year or so. We have seen and discussed several cars in the $25 - $30,000 range. I know what several of you out there have in your cars and what you would expect to get IF you would ever sell it. If number 27 has a matching engine, the opportunity exists to realize every dime put into a restoration. I would estimate this example to cost at least $40,000 to restore. By the time you finish, the car could well be worth it.

Buy her Chris!!! Imagine having the 26th and the 27th VIN of any fine car. Whats another 30K-40K for restoration...........peanuts for you LOL Now we need to locate the 25th or the 28th. Line 'um up baby :P

Vicky

Vicky,

I have been looking at #95 also. To me, these cars are resources - not assets. The part about buying it sight unseen that scares me is what parts does it have that are still worth something. I met a friend of Alan's at the national convention who spent the better part of twelve years restoring his car and you should see the sheet metal work he did. Amazing. There is no doubt in any car collector's mind that the first 100 cars are valuable and collector items. I encourage anyone to buy it and restore it. I think it would be worth it.

In terms of my funds - at the moment, I'm grasping! Geez, I thought going to the convention was part of the treats you get for all the hard work and money you spent on your car. Nobody told me I was going to have to PAY for it, too!!! :laugh: LOL :laugh:

Oh....I'll bet $1000

Way to go "luismiguel35" whoever you are! The seller posted answers to some questions and evidently took more pictures. The build date is 10/69 - much better. All matching numbers, original parts galore. How exciting!