IGNORED

27th z!!!

zhead240

Congrats Chris!!

Having 26 and 27 is way cool. And twins too!

Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. I give you a lot of credit for taking that one on. I have often thought about restoring a very early Z. But I am not sure I am up for digging in that deep.

Anyway, it should be fun.

Marty

Chris, what are you going to do if that orange Z in the picture is #25 or #28 ROFLROFL Just kidding ya there. Your hands are full with #27. Scott said he'd be willing to help you and Jim with anything on the car if needed :)

Vicky

Congrats Chris on winning the auction!!

I would have loved to be the winner but there's no way I was going that high sight unseen, especially when the seller never responded to multiple requests for information and more pix (I don't know what his deal was but I think he was a very poor seller).

I also have to agree with bambi about the price, I was amazed at the final price. :surprised

In anycase I'm glad that someone who will really care for the car got it!!

You have certainly made my day. I know in the US you have far many more Z's and in Australia they are becomming more rare and more sort after. I can only imagine what kind of prices these things will end up commanding.

I hope #27 doesn't affect #26 but gee what a cool thing 2 have both 26 and 27.

At least I will sleep good tonight knowing you have them and they will be restored properly.

Well done mate and good luck. :cheeky:

Guys,

I think Chris got a great deal on the car. I know for a fact that there are at least 2 individuals who would pay double the ebay price to get there hands on that car. Early cars will/are demanding higher prices then the Nissan restored models.....How many <100 VIN cars are left? 25-30? Bout the same number of the redone factory cars. Will be a great investment in the long run.

david spillman

[i would have loved to be the winner but there's no way I was going that high sight unseen, especially when the seller never responded to multiple requests for information and more pix (I don't know what his deal was but I think he was a very poor seller).

I also have to agree with bambi about the price, I was amazed at the final price. :surprised]

I don't want to spook the deal and will change my signiture when car arrives! Promise!

I talked to the seller today and the "red" car in the background is a rusted out shell used for spare parts when the seller built his drag Z. It has no floors or frame rails remaining. He says he has a Z that will do the quarter in the low 13's with the L engine. I didn't go into it much more than that.

According to the papers, I am the third owner of 27. The car was originally imported in Wilmington, Delaware and sold through Alterman Datsun. More details as they develop.