IGNORED

27th z!!!

zhead240

Chris, keep your eyes on the "vin plate" I have swinging back and forth in front of you. Now, listen to what I'm saying, "buy it, buy it, bbuuyy iiittt. On the count of three, I will snap my fingers and you will be on your way to the airport to go look at this 27th-Z ROFLROFL

Vicky

Ok, I've quietly been watching this thread. I too have emailed the seller and got the message bounced however I did get a reply from him so I replied back with more questions and got that message was bounced also. I think that he has an ISP problem.

Oh yes, that lone bid on the car is mine if anyone is trying to figure out who it is. I must agree with everyone here though, it's probably not even worth the opening bid of $500.

I don't really know the whole story yet. And the payment arrangement will happen this week. So the deal is not completely done. I still need to explore all my options for getting the car here. But here is what happened.

I had a bunch of people call me last week about buying the car. Carl Beck never calls me! I talked to the seller several times and he sent me a few low quality pictures. There were long telephone discussions with several different friends. A couple of the bidders wrote...you can see what happened. I decided on a budget that I would not go over and waited. Getting the car to Florida was part of the deal I had to budget for. Dave Spillman was real interested in the car. So was my friend Bob up in New Jersey with car number 33. (I tried to buy 33 several months ago). Beck told me that the auction would just sit there and the interested guys would come out of nowhere during the final minutes. And that is what happened. I bid the farm in the final 15 seconds like I usually do in my A-hole eBay manner. (Sorry, I admit it. I'm one of those).

As near as I can determine, 27 is the green and butterscotch twin sister of Her Majesty the 26th. Lost or separated many years ago, 27 took up a life in the brothels and ended up being sold as a sex slave at auction in Dover, Delaware. She has really had a hard life, but her floors haven't fallen and her battery tray still shows the signs of spirit and youth. She took a nasty spanking during one of her "tricks" and shows a bad bruise on her left cheek just below her tail light. In all probability, she will get all new sheet metal in the front - fenders, hood, valance. I have been told that her basic body would respond very well to spa and cosmetic treatment.

Immediate plans are for Miss 27 to spa at the half-way house and rehabilitation center in Tampa run by the Sister Convent of HLS30-00016 and HLS30-00019. Everyone is delighted to hear about her and anxious to see her so that we can all get the real story of her condition first hand. Pictures soon!

...Lost or separated many years ago, 27 took up a life in the brothels and ended up being sold as a sex slave at auction in Dover, Delaware. She has really had a hard life, but her floors haven't fallen and her battery tray still shows the signs of spirit and youth. She took a nasty spanking during one of her "tricks" and shows a bad bruise on her left cheek just below her tail light.....

On the bright side, it looks like she has steered clear of the plastic surgery fad.... With only needing to correct Mother Nature's ill-fated attempts at recycling, and not Dr. Shadetree bodyboy's (bondo spreader expertise) mistakes at trying to correct the initial scars on top of that....

I need to survey down in at East Coast Z in Chesapeake to see what early numbers he has down there....

Congrats on the purchase... sorry for lettin' the cat out. :stupid:

Wayne

Watch who you are sneering at, Carl. Yea, it was a lot of money, but who here owns two in a row? There will be a formal announcement when 27 arrives and I get a chance to actually look at it.

Sorry if I offended you, Chris. Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully. It's just that FOR ME, I couldn't justify the purchase price of a car (sight unseen) in the condition those pictures seem to show. I know it has a low VIN and all, but there is so much room for surprises (and I hate surprises), and I can't imagine the expense to put her right.

Having cars w/ sequential VIN's does have carry a certain cache so I am glad that you won the auction, and I know that you will (if anyone can) do right by the car.

You can't offend me, Carl. This is a hobby! smile I did what I have advised never to do - buy a car unseen. I felt like I did my homework, though. A BMW friend of mine saw the car and I talked to the seller several times and several people who also contacted the seller (like Beck) shared information. I will say this; about three minutes before the end of the auction, with all the pictures spread out on my monitor, I asked myself what the hell I was doing. I won't bitch. I bought a VIN.

Dave, I saw your bid on the refresh right before I went blind while I submitted my bid. I never saw Bob's bid. Check out my eBay screen name and the final price. My lucky numbers are 2, 3 and 5. In order no less!

The whole adventure has really taken a bite out of my plans for 26. I'm going to have to rethink some things. I never thought I would do something like this. I'll be real busy! Many thanks to everyone who wrote or called. I took a bunch of encouragement last week and everyone had a lot of good things to say. I was trying to set up a seperate albumn in my gallery for pictures. I did it once before, but I can't figure out how to do it now. I want to set one up entitled 27th-Z.

post-4148-14150794083723_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150794083967_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150794084142_thumb.jpg